“Outstanding accommodations and service!”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Polite and friendly staff. We were acknowledged and greeted by the staff whenever we passed through the lobby. The rooms were upscale and current as well as extremely clean. We enjoyed our stay there and plan to stay there again when we are in the area!

• Stayed: March 2013
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review! We really appreciate the positive feedback & are pleased to hear that you left satisfied! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you again when you visit our area in the future!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Customer Service
Absolutely terrible, and that was management, I think they have a motto; If there’s a problem it’s your fault. When I had a question about my bill I went to the front desk and was standing in line when another guest was explaining how she was treated extremely rude by the bar tender (so she says I was not there so cannot say whether or not she was) however the manager whose name was Doug told her he usually hears good things and it must have been her fault; WOW I couldn't believe he actually said that. Now it’s my turn, I had received a coupon from the casino for a room. When I called to book the room I explained the coupon I had and was told the room was booked at a rate of $0 and all charges were covered and then they took a credit card to hold my room. When I checked in, my card was charged which was just for room damages, until I received a bill under my door the next morning. I went to talk to the manager and was told that my coupon was not for a free room. But wait, it was his staff that told me the room was free, and this was after I read the coupon verbatim when booking my room. I was told that the casino gives out different types of coupons and that whoever took my reservation must have made a mistake. I replied “that’s OK people make mistakes, If you could go back and listen to the recording to rectify your mistake” I pulled the date and time I called from my phone. I was told they don’t record phone calls and that it was my problem. Not even an apology or an attempt to make things right. Never in my life have I been treated so rudely, I will never stay at this hotel again. I have stayed at two other hotels in the area and they will get my business from now on.

Cleanliness
Let’s start by saying this place was not dirty, however it wasn't the cleanest hotel I have every stayed in. When taking a shower there were things floating in the water as though it had never been cleaned. The vacuuming was done pretty poorly, when doing the double check to make sure I didn't leave anything behind, there were rocks and popcorn that looked to be pushed under the bed as though when vacuuming they didn't fit and were just pushed under the bed. Other than that the rest of the room was acceptable.

Room
The room came with a fridge and a microwave which was very nice, not many hotels have both anymore. The bed was a nice king sized bed and was pretty comfortable, it was crammed into a little nook. You need to almost jump into the bed. Our suite had another room that had a love-seat in it. The room was organized pretty awkwardly, but decent size for two people.

Breakfast
At a price of $12, it was a total rip off, if I didn't have a free coupon from the casino, I would have been extremely upset. They had the usual hash browns, two kind of eggs, sausage, bacon which looked way under cooked, french toast which was hard as a rock I could barely cut through it with a knife. There was an omelet bar, but either you had to make it yourself or the cook took a 45 min break. I kept going back thinking there must be something eatable in here, I eventually found the biscuits, the only think I could take two bites out of. Conclusion, I left hungry.

Ride to the Casino
They offered a free shuttle until 2:00 am, this was a nice feature and the driver was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Call another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luckygambler
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize on behalf of the Cambria staff for any confusion or unpleasantness you experienced during your stay. The Meadows Racetrack and Casino sends a variety of mailer coupons to thousands of individuals. Each coupon advertises a unique discount or promotion. Anyone who receives a coupon for a complimentary room is to call the Casino directly to book their stay; the direct line to the Meadows Racetrack and Casino is the only number listed on the free room coupon in order to avoid guest confusion. Furthermore, our property ensures correct billing by collecting all Meadows coupons at check-in. Frequently guests alter the nature or duration of their stay and may present a different coupon at check-in then what they stated over the phone. Our front desk staff is trained to honor the rate on the presented coupon. Therefore, when you handed over your materials (credit card, ID, and coupon) at check-in, you were given the Meadows discounted rate of $104 with breakfast included. Again, I apologize if you felt misled in any way. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast offered with your $104 Meadows Coupon Rate. I apologize that the food service did not meet your standards. Our property strives towards excellence in all things and it is unfortunate that we fell short in that regard. Your invaluable comments will be addressed within the applicable department. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am sorry that your confusion and frustration over the room charge negatively affected the perception you had of the rest of our property. I wish you the best of luck in future travel endeavors.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great location and amenities. Recently stayed at the Cambria Suites while on a business trip and it’s a great hotel. Fitness center is fantastic and rooms are very nice. Front desk is very friendly and open with suggestions for restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind review. We are glad you chose our hotel while in the area for business. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the layout of the rooms & our fitness center. Also, I am very pleased to read that my front desk staff was helpful to you in assistance choosing a restaurant & in a friendly manor. We hope while in the area again that you'll come & stay with us, have a great day!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A decent gym, nice pool and hot tub. Hours of both are excellent. Was told at check-in that breakfast was included in price of hotel stay, but was told otherwise after I got food from the buffet the next morning. Food for the breakfast was poor at best. Service is fair, although ordering ala carte at breakfast is slow because one cook is cooking for the breakfast buffet and ala carte.
If you want great breakfast, go across the street to Waffle House. They have excellent food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review on your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were under the impression that breakfast, ala carte or our buffet, was complimentary. Since we do operate a full service restaurant & bar, those charges are seperate & are not included in the price of the room. I do apologize, again, & hope you choose to stay at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay at the Cambria regularly while in the Pittsburgh area for work. The entire staff is friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The accommodations are first class, the fitness area is like going to a small version of your local gym and the restaurant/bar is very good as well. There is no other hotel for me in the Pittsburgh area and I would highly recommend staying at the Cambria to anyone coming into town!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to let others know about our hotel & your time spent with us. We really appreciate your business & love having you as a guest. We strive to provide guests with a positive experience to keep them coming back. Thank you very much for the comments about our staff & the cleanliness of our hotel. We are more than happy to be your only choice hotel while in our area for business. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Traveled with my sons and stopped here for 1 night and reserved a large double king room. Upon check in the front desk person told my sons and myself that full breakfast was included. The room was excellent, very clean and served our tired bodies well. When we woke up in the morning we went downs stairs and started to have a small breakfast. Toast and coffee as we were told that Breakfast was included. The bill for toast and coffee and $44.00 and although the money is not the issue, the misrepresentation is. This hotel is superior in every regards except for the night time front desk person who made a mistake and for that I had to pay for it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the suite & found it to be very clean. I apologize that you felt misled at check in regarding our breakfast. When told that we have a full service restaurant, it was intended to advise you that breakfast was an amenity offered at our hotel. We understand that many properties have a complimentary breakfast, however due to us being an upscale hotel within the Choice family of hotels, we feature quality made to order items along with a full breakfast buffet. I'm sorry that you felt limited to enjoy the full range of options on our buffet. Included in the $12.95 per person, as posted, price for the buffet is a variety of hot items such as scrambled eggs, French Toast, bacon, sausage, along with a made to order omelet station. Since your review, we have reviewed the signage pertaining to the buffet & have made an effort to make it more prominent. Also, the front desk staff has been instructed to be more specific while listing our amenities. Thank you again for your review, safe travels.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never stayed in a Cambria Suite but I will now! The staff was outstanding! From the moment you walked in you felt welcome! Check in was friendly, quick and easy. Everything was VERY clean! The room was very clean and very comfortable! Housekeeping took care of every detail. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. This location is great! close to route 79, Tanger outlets and many other things. The price was very reasonable! Thanks Cambria Suites for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Room 318 had a divided room! A living room and bedroom with a tv in each!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review & you are more than welcome for a great weekend! I'm glad that you felt welcome from the moment you walked in the door. We strive for that feeling from every guest. We want to ensure that every guest is a returning guest! Thank you for visiting our Reflect restaurant for breakfast, glad to hear it was wonderful! We appreciate the room tip to advise guests of the room type you felt accommodating. We hope to have the pleaure of having you as a guest again in the future!