“Presidents Day Getaway”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great time visiting the Pittsburgh area, a car show, casino and antique shops. This hotel is clean, reasonable priced and in the 'midst' of lots of things to do. Casino is close by, actually within walking distance when the weather is cooperative. Outlet mall is close, as well. Washington, Pa is not nearly as busy, traffic-wise, than when you get closer to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for a President's Day Getaway. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time while visiting the Pittsburgh Area. The car show was great & I'm sure added excitement to the weekend. Thank you for taking the time to advise others what all is in this area to assist with making hotel decisions. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went over valentine weekend and was pleasantly surprised...hotel is only 2 years old...very clean, staff was pleasant and helpful, room was very modern..decorated nicely, comfy bed...breakfast buffet was great .. would highly recommend staying here....would definitely stay here again ....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our hotel over Valentine's Day weekend. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay & appreciate the comments about the cleanliness & pleasant staff. We hope we have the pleasure of having you as a guest again in the future, along with family & friends!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at this location for a weekend get away...and I do mean PLEASURE. This hotel is nicely decorated and SUPER CLEAN. From the hotel staff to the amenities...everything was great! The staff on check-in informed us that a shuttle was available to the near-by casino (and really recommended we take it because parking was difficult there on the weekends). I'm not crazy about 'shuttles' but this was ready in 5 minutes and the driver(s) was super nice - didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for the return trip either!! Speaking of the staff...I've stayed at many 4 Diamond hotels and this staff had them beat for service, attitude and helpfulness. The breakfast was included in our stay and we'd rate it in the top 5 of hotel provided menus. Our room was more than spacious, had modern decor and I loved the walk-in shower. We took in a few area attractions all within 5 miles. I'd recommend the Sarris Chocolate & Ice Cream Shop to anyone, the Tanger Outlets or Meadows Racetrack and Casino (play roulette...it paid for the room...hee hee) I would stay here again in a heartbeat and will be referring friends to do the same :)

Room Tip: We had a 4th floor king facing the casino - it was quiet even with a view of the roadway below.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your review! It was definitely a pleasure to have you as a guest. We truly appreciate all of the kind words you used to describe your stay. The one sentence that stuck out to me that I felt the need to share with my staff was: "Speaking of the staff...I've stayed at many 4 Diamond hotels and this staff had them beat for service, attitude and helpfulness." We at Cambria Suites strive to provide the best customer service to our guests, so to see that we were successful, really means a lot! We hope we have the pleasure of serving you again or anyone else that you referrer to us! Again, thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed last year meet very nice people,at the hot tub pool area this year we went for my Birthday/ Valentines day we couldnt get in the hot tub kids in and out pool into hot tub i have never seen parents let kids do this i thought i was at a KOA toys in tub kids jumping in ,yes i talked to someone was told i should have told them why arent there staff watching i say something and get my car keyed come on, people will do anything if you let them wouldnt get in after this!! bacteria!!

1  Thank Debrah P
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your concerns in your review. In careful review of your posted comments and emails back and forth with management, the specific concern addressed to the property and the General Manager was that the children were permitted to use the hot tub, rather than the noise levels and behavior of the children. I understand your concern for safety, as the children appeared young. The hot tub has many safety features and policies in place to monitor the health of everyone. I also understand that during your stay you were inconvenienced in the use of relaxing at our pool and spa in which many families were enjoying the weekend at our facility and taking up relaxation in the pool as well. This, unfortunately, prevented your enjoyment late into the day. Since your inital comment - the water has been tested by an outside lab, and I am happy to report the levels raise no concern and we expect all will be able to enjoy themselves. We are happy to share the report from the lab with you, if this remains to be a concern, but thank you for your review. We will continue to have an independent lab run water tests every week, and our Certified Pool Operators are testing the water several times per day, and we have a machine that is constantly monitoring the water quality.
Thank you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This a very nice place to stay, good location, good price, and comfortable.
The only complaints I would have are the pillows are not very comfortable and the sleeper sofa not so good other than that I would recommend. the price for a one bedroom suite is great compared to the other motels in this area. It would be nice to have a free breakfast instead of the pay for restaurant but they do offer room service.

Room Tip: got the one bedroom suite very nice with plenty of room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for posting a review on your stay here at Cambria Suites. We really appreciate the feedback. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay, with the exception of the pillows. I apologize that it hindered the quality of your sleep. On each of the beds, there are 3 feather pillows & 3 foam pillows. Next time you plan to visit, we will make sure that your preference of the two styles will be placed in the room upon check in. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

While traveling to Cincy from Philly, decided to spend the night in Washington.

After finding this hotel here on TripAdvisor, I decided to call and book a room.

So glad I did, the service is excellent (Tyler is a star) , the room clean and modern, the beds were so comfortable, and the rooms nice and quiet.

My only gripe (and hence the 4 star) was that the wifi sucked in my room on the 4th floor. I finally turned it off and just use cell coverage.

If they get that fixed this is certainly a 5 star hotel at a 2 star price.

Worth a visit!

• Stayed: January 2013
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you very much for the review you have posted about your stay. I'm happy to see that you chose our hotel via Trip Advisor. Thank you for personally acknowledging our Front Desk Agent Tyler, for his excellent hospitality service. We do appreciate the comment about the wifi & we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay. Since your recent stay with us, we are happy to share with you that the internet signal coming into the hotel has been expanded to provide a better signal for our guests. Comments like yours help us improve our service to make sure every guest is a returning guest. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here 12/19/12 for one night. The staff are so nice, the lobby is inviting, and the room is excellent! I like the fact there is a separate sitting area with a 2nd TV and work space. Having a frig is good for people, like us, who need to keep items cold while traveling cross country. The decor is very nice and the beds are comfortable.There is a free shuttle to the casino. We didn't use the restaurant on this trip, but last year it was very good. My husband used the hot tub..we always try to stay where there is a hot tub! We had a good nights rest before hitting the road again.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevators and ice machines and not facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate the positive feedback you have provided to us & future travelers. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service & hot tub. Hopefully on your next visit you'll enjoy our restaurant! We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel in the future.