Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington at Meadowlands
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Toronto, Canada
“Not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at a Country Inn and both times the showers were not hot. Funny that the temp in the other bathroom taps is fine but not in the shower. Also, pool was not heated so it was very cold. We wanted to have dinner before going to bed but,even though there are quite a few hotels in this strip, there are no restaurants close by.

Breakfast was poor. Have had many "breakfast included" meals and they are never great but this one was slightly worse than most. Also the scrambled eggs tasted like they were off..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Vinny M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington at Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 21, 2014

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel chain is our preferred one while traveling practically anywhere - and for good reason! Always a friendly welcome at check-in, clean rooms, good amenities, hot breakfast and exceptionally nice staff. Not to mention a great price. An added bonus for me personally, was finding out after booking this hotel that there was a casino just blocks away!! I love casinos! And I must agree with one of the previous reviewers in regards to the bed. Best nights sleep that I can recall while staying in ANY hotel. I'd love to have that mattress! I look forward to returning to this area soon and will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: They're all great rooms - we were on the top (4th) floor & there was NO noise at all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just one night here was not enough. What a home away from home! Quick and easy check in and check out. Fabulous breakfast - food and space were amazing. Bed was so comfortable I want one of those at home! And, the price was perfect. I want to go back just to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed there for a wedding and it was fine. Overall, we had no complaints. The room was clean, service was friendly, and breakfast was okay. I'm not a huge fan of the chain personally, but there isn't a particular reason for this more than taste.

The location is very convenient to the outlets, Washington, PA, and the casino.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great night stay. Was traveling through the area and decided to try this hotel and we were so happy we did. We had a really nice stay. The check in was very quick, and the room we stayed in was perfect size for my family. Then to make the stay even better was the complimentary breakfast we had before we checked out. The food was hot and there was plenty of choices to choose from. We will be back for sure. Definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Springville, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the reviews about this property, but we stayed there because we needed to use Carlson points for the personal days of our recent visit to Pittsburgh. Unsure why the poor reviews - we would definitely return again if given the opportunity.

The property was clean, the room very comfortable. The slightly oversized desk provided sufficient space for both of our laptops to charge and/or use. Nice large walk-in shower and plenty of space in the bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable - nice and firm with just the right amount of cushion, plenty of covers and pillows. Even my husband, who never notices the difference from one bed to another, commented on the comfortable bed. The breakfast area was sufficient and well-stocked. What's not to like?

If anything was lacking, it would have been the service at the front desk - I was a bit underwhelmed by the welcome upon check-in and the response to my occasional question. This, however, was not sufficient to keep me from coming back. The location, as others have mentioned, is great if you are headed to Meadowlands Race Track, Casino, or the outlet mall, which we weren't. But it was right off the freeway and provided easy access to wherever we wished to go. Nearby restaurants are limited unless you head over to the outlet mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side for less noise - even though it appears to be off the free...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peg I
Pawnee, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Positive - We were on our way home from moving our daughter to Baltimore (from IL) & needless to say were a tad tired & emotional. I had booked this hotel online, in the car via our iPad just a few moments before arriving. Upon my arrival at the hotel, the lady at the front desk advised me that she was not able to locate my reservation. Frustrated & tired, I grabbed the iPad & pulled up the reservation. After looking at the reservation, it was evident that in my tired state I had made an error & had booked a room for the NEXT night. Nooooo. We were exhausted & just wanted a room!!!! The lady quickly jumped to calm me down & advised me that she could not only accommodate us, but that she would upgrade our room to a suite, at NO additional charge. REALLY???? Yup. She did. Country Inns & Suites are one of my go-to hotels & this is just one of the many reasons why!!!!! :o)

Negative - ONE negative mark against this hotel is that upon our leaving the hotel, we did a room check, to ensure that we were not leaving anything behind. We always check underneath the beds, in case something has fallen onto the floor & rolled under the bed. Upon doing this, we found an "adult magazine". If the room had been thoroughly cleaned, I honestly cannot see how this could've been missed... I'm just glad that a child had not found it!!!!!!!!!! Although this incident did not change my mind in regards to CIS as a whole, I will admit though that this did raise my eyebrows as to how well rooms are cleaned, a tleast at this particular hotel.......

Room Tip: This hotel is right off the highway. We were awoken early in the AM to the sounds of vehicles on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family