“Best Value in Greater Pittsburgh”

AL'an Ruben's Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 172 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family-oriented Italian Restaurant, Dress Code is Casual, Kid Friendly Atmosphere, Daily and Nightly Specials, as well as Housemade Desserts. Restaurant Closed All Major Holidays; Except Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and New Year's Eve - Reservations are needed on these days. Walk-ins will be accepted, cannot determine precise wait time. See Restaurant Manager for details.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

What a special place. The food is exceptional and served in very large quantities. I highly recommend the Veal but everything was very very good. If the food wasn't enough to bring you back I was there when there was a live Jazz Band that I would have paid to see but was free...( I did leave a tip for the musicians). Highly recommend this little gem if you are in the area. If your a drinker, request the creamsickle shot..delicious.

1  Thank Ronnie H

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stopped by on our way through town and caught the tail end of thier Saturday brunch. Wonderful, homemade-style waffles! Crab cake sandwich delicious and deep dish apple pie was wonderful. Low budget decor is deceiving--food and service are wonderful. Will definitely stop by again!

2  Thank MyFamilyTravels
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a great place for dining and listening to great entertainment. The food is fantastic, the owners are wonderful, and the entertainment is incredible. I must admit, the format/decor is a little misleading. The food served would rival food served by the best restaurants in any big city. And I have yet to hear a singer or small band anywhere in the Pittsburgh area that is as good as the entertainment they get here. I left here shaking my head wondering how they could get such talented musicians to come out to this little out-of-the-way restaurant in Washington. I can't say enough great things about this place, the food, the music or the people. It's a great experience; you won't be sorry.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I agree with the reviews concerning the decor. But since most Americans refuse to dress respectfully for restaurants; church, etc why criticize a place not being super decorated? No scenic view; not very appropriate for special occasions; no delivery, not romantic, no outdoor seating.. If the goal is excellent food then this place is for you. I simply ADORE the beans and greens and have tried several recipes to recreate theirs. Can't figure out the secret. Have been there probably too many times, and never disappointed. Often very busy on weekends so getting waited on can be slow. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. No cheap fast food or pre-frozen stuff here.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

One of the things I love about Trip Advisor, is the efforts of the community to share their experiences as promptly and honestly as possible. We have all read reviews and wondered if they were indeed real or not. This review is very real.

We were working out of town, and I had found Al an Ruben's online, and had seen that it had gotten really good reviews. We took our party of 5 to the restaurant and were VERY pleasantly surprised. In fact, this was hands down the single best meal we had while we were in town and it easily surpassed the popular chain restaurants we dined in. BEST IN TOWN!

This restaurant is not fancy, it's not pretentious, it could use a little sprucing up. But on the other hand, perhaps that's part of the charm. It focuses entirely on the food. The service was wonderful too, but the food.... we almost all got something different and we all loved what we got...from the fried shrimp to the pasta with the amazing homemade sauce to the veal. YUM.

They treat you like family and are genuinely glad to see that you came to dine in their restaurant. They do their best to please you and to describe how they make things...from scratch.
And, it's just really cool that you can order sauces and salad dressings made fresh off of the menu by the quart.

Next time we are up there we will be back!

2  Thank ClearBlueDaze