“"Best in Washington"”

AL'an Ruben's Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family-oriented Italian Restaurant, Dress Code is Casual, Kid Friendly Atmosphere, Daily and Nightly Specials, as well as Housemade Desserts. Restaurant Closed All Major Holidays; Except Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and New Year's Eve - Reservations are needed on these days. Walk-ins will be accepted, cannot determine precise wait time. See Restaurant Manager for details.
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I had the privelage of having Al an' Rubins cater both my bridal shower and wedding and enjoyed everything about it. From the initial consultation to the wonderful feed back from my guests on how wonderful everything was really made my special days even more special. So, Leeds and his wonderful staff are so wonderful!!!!

I have used them numerous other times for catering and will definitely continue to use them. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are huge!!!

Their restaurant is just as wonderful!!!!

I recommend everyone try it at least once, the will be just as convinced!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I eat here all the time( to the point that I personally know all the staff) and I love the food. The owners Al and Lessa try to make every guest that comes in leave a member of their Al an Rubens family. The crab cakes are some of the best I've ever had the Alfredo is magnificent and the BBQ sauce is AMAZING! Everything is made to order and served by a friendly and knowledge staff member who obviously cares about their customers and loves their job.

2  Thank Eric-Wayne14
Reviewed April 16, 2014

very over priced for the quality. Crabcake sandwich very small and seemed to be a frozen patty. Buffalo shrimp salad, frozen breaded shrimp with the hottest sauce we have ever had, seeped right into the salad. Made the salad not edible. When we said something about it, the waitress said she could not believe it. Never offered to take it back or give us a break on the price or even a free desert, just brought us the bill. We won't go back !

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Good food, friendly attentive staff, great selection...what not to like? We went there on a whim, and will certainly go back.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

On our way home from Cabela's in WV, we decided to investigate our choices for a late lunch, hopefully finding something that we've never known about and we did exactly that! The drive from rt. 70 to the restaurant was just a couple miles and it was well worth this investigation! The entire staff welcomed us with friendly smiles as well as the owner as we finished our meals.
We started with the recommended "beans and Greens" from other comments and was not disappointed accompanied that with their fresh baked bread was a perfect start. All of our orders came out perfectly...every morsel of their baked eggplant was so scrumptious. Their primavera was beyond perfect. Oh, did I forget about their homemade dressings for their side salads..DELICIOUS...especially their house which is Balsamic vinaigrette. We regret that we all were too full for dessert as their choices sounded fantastic. Next time...I will get some of their lemon cake...So in saying this, We will return!
If you love live bands, I was told by the owner as she visited us as we finished up that every Tuesday - Thursday that they have live jazz and light r and b bands. Sounds like a fun return visit!