“Fantastic food”

AL'an Ruben's Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family-oriented Italian Restaurant, Dress Code is Casual, Kid Friendly Atmosphere, Daily and Nightly Specials, as well as Housemade Desserts. Restaurant Closed All Major Holidays; Except Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and New Year's Eve - Reservations are needed on these days. Walk-ins will be accepted, cannot determine precise wait time. See Restaurant Manager for details.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had the chicken special or was delicious. The sauces are always so tasty. I think their vegetables are homegrown. Never had a bad experience. But the interior could use a touch up. The tape on the steps is a little tacky. But the good speaks for itself.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was hoping since the reviews for this place were good, that it too, would do justice. I had the Chicken Parmesan it was alright, with a side of ziti, terrible. from a box, that had not been cooked long enough ,with sauce that was runny, and cold on top of my ziti. The salad was all dark greens that was warm, homemade dressing was good, but will not be back.

5  Thank CamoFishnGal
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I always feel so at home when I go there. I am greeted with warm smiles, and the owners and staff are always so friendly. I have yet to have a meal that I didn't LOVE. In fact, when asked, I often say that my favorite meal there was the most recent one that I ate!

I also had food that the restaurant catered for a large wedding recently, and the food was over-the-top delicious!

1  Thank Niko K K
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Everyone kept telling me how fantastic this place was. It took me a little while to be coaxed into going. Wow!!! my first time, I had the lobster ravioli with a saffron cream sauce. If nobody had been watching, I would have licked my plate. The house salad was just the right size, and the balsamic dressing was so delicious!

That was it, I was hooked! In the following years I have eaten most of what is in the menu, and haven't had a bad meal!

I never ate veal until I ate their Veal Collini. It's topped with lump crabmeat and artichoke hearts, with a lemon butter cream sauce.

The steaks are all wonderful. The pasta sauces, Alfredo, Vodka, etc are fantastic.

A favorite are his wings with garlic Parmesan or hot sauce.

The fried zucchini is yummy - I had it with horseradish sauce...yum!

Then there's the desserts... Homemade ice cream, Cheescake, bread pudding, deep dish Dutch apple pie....oh my goodness!!

I would give it a higher score if I could!!

I could go on, but you will just have to go try it for yourself!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We haven't been to Washington PA for a few years so this restaurant was new to us. It's a little outside of town but easy to get to. We went for lunch on a Saturday. Several nights a week there is live music - it's a small place so I wonder if the music might overpower conversation. On Saturday, in addition to the regular menu there is also a brunch menu. Both servers were very friendly and helpful. We liked that our food was prepared only when ordered, and the wait wasn't too long. We had steak salads Pittsburgh style, with warm french fries buried like treasure under all the other goodies. I had forgotten what fun it was to eat this type of steak salad. The beef medallions were delicious, cooked as specified, tasty and tender. All salad dressings are home made and the balsamic vinagrette was very good. We had a lovely time and plan to go back soon, maybe we'll try a dinner next time, but lunch was great.