“Good BBQ and Great Sweet Potato Fries”

Hog Father's Old Fashioned BBQ
Ranked #9 of 161 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Cincinnati
“Good BBQ and Great Sweet Potato Fries”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Well, reviews seemed to be mixed but we had a great experience at Hog Father's. It's small and has a limited menu (sounds like non-chain BBQ right?) but the food we had was good. We had the pulled pork sandwiches which were loaded with smoky flavored pork shoulder chunks. The waitress explained the 2 sauces that were offered and recommended the sweet potato fries (which were awesome and not too sweet...fried just right). Overall good food, friendly staff, fast service.

• Visited November 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Taaasty”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great beef brisket tacos! Wow. Great flavor and seasoning with fresh-off-the-grill taste. It's not the fines BBQ I've ever had (I've had the best in KC), but its realy good, fast and convenient.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service and attitude of the employees are the absolute worst of any I've ever experienced.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If there was ever a local business that needs the show "Undercover Boss", it is this place. The employees here have the worst attitudes I have ever dealt with. Don't order food to go over the phone and plan on picking it up at the drive-thru window. Completely forgot about me one time. Forgot to put everything I ordered in the bag on a few other occasions and I had make 2 trips each time. Asked for my hamburger to be well done and it was raw on a few other trips there. Each time i would get a very bad attitude from the employee like it was my fault. The last straw was tonight when I ordered over the phone went 20 minutes OVER the time they said. I pull up to the drive thru window, 2 employees were standing right by the window talking to one another fully aware that I'm at the window waiting. They looked right at me numerous times and never once acknowledged me in any way. This went on for at least 15 minutes. I finally had it and went in to ask if anyone was working the window. I was't happy at this point and I'm sure they knew it. The male that was one of the 2 talking said with an attitude "I don't do drive thrus" . This will be my last order at this Hogfathers on Jefferson Ave in Washington, Pa. I really think the owner needs a wake up call about some of his employees attitudes. If I treated the customers at my job this way, I would be in the unemployment line.

1 Thank Undercovergeneral
Wellsburg, West Virginia
“Bad”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This BBQ has to be the worst I have ever been served. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. My choices were spicy red or Carolina style BB sauce. Being I didn't know how "spicy" was spicy, and being that I have eaten Carolina BB many times in Carolina, I opted for the Carolina style. I was not informed that Carolina style was pork smothered in Italian dressing, bun soaked with dressing. It looked like someone had gotten sick on a bun. I couldn't bring myself to even take one bite. I showed my server the bun soaked sandwich and was informed that is how it is. I asked the manager to please refund my money, after a lengthy conversation I finally was given my money back. I shall not return.

• Visited August 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Best ribs ever!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food is piping hot when served. Huge portions. Ribs melt in your mouth and the mashed potatoes are heaven.

Visited April 2012