“The Manager is an idiot”
Review of Bistecca

Bistecca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistecca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 173 Restaurants in Washington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With a spectacular view of the racetrack, the award-winning Bistecca Steakhouse & Wine Bar at the Meadows Racetrack and Casino offers the perfect setting for an evening out. Our menu honors classic steakhouse fare with our all natural angus beef, prime and dry aged steaks. Fresh seafood and Italian influenced specialties set our standards above the rest. Guests can enjoy an appetizer, meal or cocktails in our lounge, patio or dining room or relax in the Cigar Bar. Our wine list offers more than 150 varieties by the bottle and over 20 offerings by the glass with an emphasis on the great wines of Italy and the United States. Our wines are selected carefully to pair wonderfully with any of our hearty steaks, seafood and Italian classics.
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I tried to set up a surprise birthday party there for my mother. It was one of her favorite restaurants. I called 4 times and every time, I left a message. 2 on his voicemail and 2 with the bar manager. None of them were ever returned. And when I finally talked to a manager, the event planner, Reed, had "no recollection." Of course, because he didn't want to admit he made a mistake. I was told because of my troubles, the manager would send a gift card for my parents. That was 3 months ago. I have heard rave reviews of the food, but honestly, if there is some idiot as the manager of the restaurant, you will never see me or my family there again.

3  Thank Coconeill22

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Saturday was my fourth visit to Bistecca, and the first time I was disappointed. Washington PA doesn't have an abundance of upscale restaurants, so this was my "go to" place to take business associates and colleagues when I didn't want to trek into Pittsburgh. Bistecca is as close to a Ruth's Chris or a Morton's as your are going to get in Washington County, and its nice to have it as an option. But, I was truly bummed Saturday when I realized the standards are beginning to slip. Perhaps they have had a change in chefs, but the main complaint is with the food. It seemed to lack seasoning. I started with the caeser salad which was a nice portion, but lacked flavor. We had ordered an appetizer of homemade gnocchi for the table, but it was brought out with our meals instead...a slight service mis-step. But the gnocchi is delish! For an entree I had the bone-in strip steak. For a steak house, the steak lacked char and once again...seasoning. We ordered a side of asparagus, which was thick and tough. We also had a side of mushrooms which looked like they were days old and lacked, guess what....seasoning! We also had a side of scalloped or augratin potatoes which was perfection. The wine list is great, the coffee was good and the atmosphere in the restaurant is elegant and a clear departure from the crowd in the casino. I'm certain I will return, but they better step up their game if they are going to keep me. This weekend I am hosting a party of nine guests and opted out of Bistecca due to the lack luster dinner last weekend.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Took a group of clients. The food was decent but the service was lackluster and left much to be desired.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

the quality of the food and service is declining from past visits. there seems to be a high staff turnover. noise from the kitchen wafts to the dining floor. the casino doesn't to seem to monitor the quality of it's placeholder steakhouse.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I recently visited this restaurant with 4 friends-- so a table of 5 in total. I would describe the atmosphere as drab to ordinary. Drinks at the bar were priced right, even if you had to beg for attention from the bartenders.

Once seated, the waitress was wonderful. Very friendly, made good suggestions and seemed eager to please. That's about all the positives I can say about this disappointing restaurant-- however, I suppose that our experience could be a fluke.

After getting our apps, we waited and waited and waited and waited for our mains to arrive. We could hear yelling in the kitchen, which was not all that close to our table. We supposed that there was some sort of fight in the kitchen. Whatever it was, it seriously delayed our dinner. The manager walked over at one point to tell us that he was going to the kitchen to find our food-- and we still waited 40 additional minutes. It was over TWO HOURS from the time we sat down until the mains arrived. If there were any food alternatives in the area, we would have walked out. When the food came, it was good-- not great. The prices are a little high for the quality of the food, but not terrible.

The restaurant did redeem themselves slightly by buying us a round of drinks and desserts. I will say that 4 of the 5 desserts were delicious.

To top it all off, we used the valet at the casino (which seemed to be necessary because their tiny garage was full) and it took 45 minutes for our car to be retrieved.

I would not return to this restaurant and would not recommend to a friend-- or enemy.

1  Thank DCTerry