“Those professional photos must of been taken yeeeeaaars ago”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Oxnard, California
“Those professional photos must of been taken yeeeeaaars ago”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husbands job moved from Moberly, MO to Majorsville, WV, but had to stop at Atlasburg, PA for a required drug screen. We drove on Labor Day for around 9 hours+ nonstop. We were in need of a place to stop and rest. After calling near by hotels in Washington, PA we decided to stay here because it was the cheapest. Why pay $100 when we checked in at 11pm and checked out at 6am, but I wish we would of stayed somewhere else. There was stroooooong cigarette smell as soon as we walked in when we asked for a non smoking room. Bed covers where damp and cold. One of the pillows had a hole. Toilet was filthy. Room had a microwave and mini fridge that we didn't use. T.V didn't work. My husband and I had to take 3hr shifts to make sure no one tried to break into our truck due to we had aloooooot of personal stuff. We will never stay here again. Oh and the bathroom sink was clogged and carpet was reeeeeaally dirty. and lets not mention their funky ice machine, it's old and moldy. Motel 6 is nearby and a little bit cheaper, but they were full that night we where in town.

Room Tip: Motel 6 is close by, a bit cheaper, and waaaay much better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 444melissaf
ABVIWashington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We are sincerely sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We would like you to know that we have reviewed all of your comments with are staff and are making the needed corrections so our guests will not experience these issues again. Thank you very much for leaving your comments to help us improve our facility. Please try us again in the future to see our improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mishawaka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not wanting to pay $100. per night at a motel, we picked American's Best Value Inn. In my 50+ years of traveling since being married we have stayed in THREE motels that were worse than this one, but it definitely does rate in our LOWER range of motels. The bed slept well, the TV worked, and the small fridge/freezer worked to keep soft drinks cold. The bathroom was NOT the cleanest, but passable, NO place to put soap around the shower when showering. Window curtains would not stay together when shut so a small open gap near the bottom stayed open. The door had a crack at the bottom that was almost 2 Inches wide. Man, in the winter with blowing snow, you would have snow clear in on the floor. The continental breakfast consisted of a muffin, juice, & coffee, a far cry from most motels. now days.
The office check in was ??? REALLY, in THIS day of technology, they still WRITE OUT your Credit Card info on a Card and use the old pressure impression machine for copying your Credit Card. I hope we have no trouble with this place. The manager and lady was friendly enough and did speak English.
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was clean. the bed relatively comfortable. the price seemed right. The surprises keep coming. at check -in the room was more than listed on-line. Two days after our stay an extra charge showed up on my on-line bank statement. Will not be staying there again, as I hate lies.

Room Tip: Call, DO NOT book on-line.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Quarryville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was doing a weekend road trip on a very limited budget. After calling other hotels in the area, I tried America's Best. I admit, after hearing that others were charging $100-$150 a night, and at least one, not even giving a discount for AAA, I was leary that the cost per night was $57. It was Anita's professionalism and courtesy on the phone that convinced me to check it out. I was afraid of what I might find. However, it was nicer than some other hotels I had stayed in, and had paid more for. The room was clean. I checked for bed bugs(as I do everywhere I stay, traveling with my can of bedbug spray). There was no evidence of any kind. They offer a few breakfast items, which I did not partake of, so I cannot offer a critque on that. It was not top of the line, but it was more than adequate for anyone looking for a reasonable price and a place to sleep. The rest of the staff that I had met, were just as courteous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lovesmalltownamerica
ABVIWashington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments about our motel and staff. I'm very happy that you decided to give us a try and that we didn't let you down.
We pride ourselves on providing quality service in a professional manner. We hope to see you again the next time you travel through Washington PA.

Anita
Assistant Manager
Piqua, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

The lobby smelled so bad we wanted to throw up! The room was dirty, bedding was dirtyand had hole's in it. Behind the bathroom door it looked like they had not cleaned for week's. Spider web's all over the room! We had never stayed in an Americas Best before, and we will neve stay in one again! We travel alot,and have stayed in many a Hotel. But,we have never seen one this bad! Please do not stay in this one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monalisa696969
ABVIWashington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Monalisa696969,
First of all, I would like to apologize for the smelly lobby that you encountered at check-in and for the discomfort this caused you. We are aware of the problem and have been working diligently to correct the issue.
The room conditions you experienced definitely are not our standard. I apologize to you for our failure to meet your expectations. We will work more closely with our housekeeping staff to reinforce the correct procedures to ensure that this does not happen again. I encourage you to contact us directly at the hotel or contact our corporate office so we may work with you to resolve the issue.
Please do not give up on Americas Best Value Inns. We would like the chance to show you we can learn from our mistakes and serve your lodging needs the next time you are in the Washington PA area.

Anita - Assistant Manager
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Made the mistake of not making reservations at a nice hotel before going to Washington. Every place we stopped were booked because of a ballgame and other activities going on in the area. However, I must mention we never checked the Ramada, read my other review and you will know why. This was the only place that had a room and the price was very reasonable. I can see why now. To save me time in typing all you have to do is read the other reviews of people who have stayed here. My review will just mirror theirs. My advice, sleep in car.

Room Tip: unless they have good rooms they save for someone, i cant give a good tip.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LUV2CRUZ811
ABVIWashington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear LUV2CRUZ811,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Every review gives us a chance to correct our deficiencies and try to improve for the next guest.
The room conditions you experienced were definitely not up to our standards and I apologize to you for our failure to meet your expectations. We will work closer with our housekeeping staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and understand the importance of providing each guest with the cleanest possible room each time.
Please give us another chance to serve your lodging needs and to prove that we can learn from our mistakes the next time you are in the Washington PA area.
Anita -Assistant Manager
Hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

On a drive home from Orlando Florida we decided to stop at another Best Value Inn because of the great experience we had with the one in Beckley WV. What a shock!!! It was horrible, the kids actually cried and wanted to leave. We checked the sheets and the beds for bugs and they were clean but that was about the only thing that was clean. The furniture was dusty, the comforter and carpets were filthy, the walls were dirty, there was mould on the curtains. At this point after driving 16 hours I was just too tired to go looking for somewhere else to stay so we stayed. In the morning we packed up and left as quick as possible, was looking forward to the coffee to get me started on the drive home but even that was horrible. Not all places are the same I guess, I do not suggest you stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ABVIWashington, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the room conditions you experienced. Currently we are in the process of renovating our rooms to update the bedding and curtains. Please know that we do have our carpets cleaned several times per year. We will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure that room cleanliness is not a future problem. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
Anita-Assistant Manager
Americas Best Value Inn- Washington PA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Red Roof Inn Washington
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport
Days Inn Washington
Days Inn Washington
#16 of 20 in Washington

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!