“Tried and true”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Tried and true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I travel to the area quite a bit for work and this hotel and the nearby Marriott Courtyard are my "go-to" places. I do however prefer this hotel over the Marriott as I feel like the service is much better. I'm always greeted when entering or leaving and I've never encountered anyone who was anything but nice to me.

My rooms have always been very clean with everything in proper working order. I've had zero issues and with as many nights as I've spent here, that's saying quite a bit.

Another plus is that I've never had any issues with noisy neighbors or housekeeping slamming doors or talking very loudly....which is a big deal when you're worn out from traveling and just trying to get some rest.

Only thing I wish they would change is the workout equipment. It's pretty pathetic and for an extended stay it would be nice to have some decent equipment or dumbbells.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Washington, PA is mostly a crossroads town where there are a lot of basic chain motels. I have stayed at several different motels over the years. This is as nice as any of the other more expensive establishments. My room was very clean, a spacious 2 room suite with a full kitchen (fridge, stove, micro-wave). Staff was very friendly and helpful. It is near the highway so there is a bit of traffic noise - which didn't bother me. (They do provide ear plugs next to the bed however!) Wi-fi worked well.

If you find yourself looking for a place to stay in Washington, PA - I think this is a very decent place and a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway (front side of motel) if you are sensitive to traffic no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Westfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

In town on business and since the HI was closed this was the other IHG property. Only four years old it was very nice and clean as you would expect. A bit pricey but in line with everything else near the casino. You can walk to it.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side from the interstate, pretty noisy but you get used to it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Every visit I have to make to my hometown this is the hotel we stay, there are many reasons we keep coming back but I have to say it is mostly the friendly and caring service we receive. I travel all over the world and unfortunately some hotel chains have not figured out that it is the people that bring people back again and again. This location always makes you feel at home, greets you with a warm smile, and always makes sure you are taken care of. For those traveling with small pets this is the ONLY hotel in the area that allows them, for those without small family members don't worry you would never know we were there!! Rooms are spacious and very clean, a well stocked pantry, and did I mention they always have fresh baked cookies for FREE!! Hope this place never loses it's touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for the price and location, even if the GPS got a bit confused in locating it. The price was reasonable for a weekend night.

The rooms are large and clean. You have everything one would expect in a suite; sitting area, kitchenette with a full refrigerator and microwave as well as a stove.

The staff was very friendly.

You even have use of a free laundry!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Every time I visit my son at Washington & Jefferson College I stay here. The rooms are spacious and clean. The kitchen areas are very nice and modern. The hallways are well lit and freshly painted with no marks on the walls. It is a little close to the highway, but the white noise from the highway doesn't bother me at all. The outside of the hotel is very plain looking, and there is nothing fancy about it. The inside is welcoming and has a warm feel. This hotel accepts pets and they gave my Patches a little bone when he arrived at the front desk.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Qori B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at Candlewood Suites. I'm very proud that we provide great services to you while you visit your family. Our motto is "Treat us like home" , and I hope we can continue to create a comfortable, and relaxed atmostphere for you everytime you choose us for your hotel. We look foward to you staying with us again. Thank you
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was a little hard to find as far as signage, But worth finding. It Remains Full Most of the time, But if you Get a room You will enjoy a very spacious Clean Room. The staff is Friendly & Very Helpful, & can help you to Find anywhere you would like to go. All in All, VERY NICE.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking your time to let us know how we are doing at Candlewood Suites. We love to help our guest enjoy their time when they stay with us. I hope you continue to stay with us whenever your in the area, and that you have a great time when you do! Thank you!!