“hotel and staff were very nice, room was very nice”

Comfort Inn Meadowlands
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed August 22, 2009

this was a mid-point stop on driving with my son back to college - based on ending the drive in the early evening. I called Choice from the road and the selection of the hotel was very easy.

the location was across from a very nice restaurant

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed June 30, 2009

Our group stayed here June 24, 2009. What a super place after a long day on the road! Everything was ready for us, our rooms were nice and clean, and I would recommend this as a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed March 4, 2008

It seems like at this Comfort Inn, the staff has a hard time answering the phone. My wife tried to call me and it took several minutes to get through. The phone rang over and over again until someone answered it.

I stayed for a week and my room was cleaned just two times. I never received new towels despite the fact I followed the directions in the room on how to receive fresh towels.

Front desk staff was ok, not fanastic. They didn't go out their way to do anything. Just seemed like they were there to get a paycheck.

Breakfast was pretty good though. But my god, I set around some of the loudest guests who were eating in the breakfast area.

This place was alot better than the Days Inn a stayed at which is closer to the city of Washington. I have a review on that place too.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I and a co worker stayed here from 2-4-08 to 2-21-08, we each had our own room. Front desk woman was extremely rude, left us standing there when we had laundry to turn in to be cleaned w/o even asking if she could help us.
The beds were not made when we left in the mornings.
Couldn't take a shower because the drains would not drain in the bathtub nor in the sink. This was in both rooms. When towels were left on the bathroom floor (which the card in the room said to do) instead of giving us clean ones the housekeeper would pick them up off the floor and hang them up again in the bathroom. Kleenex was empty and not replaced and it took days to get a roll of toilet paper.
These are just SOME of the problems. We checked out and went next door to the Hampton Suites which was wonderful. My room total came to over $1800.00 - it wasn't worth it at all. I will never stay there again nor any other Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Hotel was very clean. Quiet location. Very friendly staff. Will stay again

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2006

I had stayed here one year prior and was glad to see the property is still in good shape. My stay was on Wednesday, August 9th for one night, and I got a suite for $80. The pool was nice but I wished they had a hot tub, as I was weary from a day of business and driving. There is a McDonald's right next door, a Waffle House s couple blocks away, and two gas stations right across the road. Access to the property is very easy, and the staf is friendly. I was pleased to find hard-boiled eggs on the breakfast buffet, as the usual fare is all carbohydrates and junk like donuts.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Davooda
A TripAdvisor Member
East Sparta, OH
Reviewed July 3, 2005

My husband and I stayed here one night. The room was excellent with a whirlpool tub. It was a very clean place. The staff was very friendly and we were checked in quickly. It was a very quiet place to stay

• Stayed: May 2005