“Nice Stay”

Comfort Inn Meadowlands
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Enjoyable hotel, close to the Meadows casino and racetrack.

Likes: Quiet, clean, comfortable bed, good selection of items at breakfast, more than ample number of cable TV channels, very friendly clerk at check-in.

Dislikes: smoky smell in the hallway, rooms seem quite humid, wireless internet wasn't best.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank UndercoverAngel
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Meadowlands

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is located close to the Meadows Casino, the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum, Washington County Fairgrounds and other attractions.

IThe room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The rooms now have wi-fi as well as cabled internet. Flat screen TV. Typical Choice breakfast items although the sausage patties and scrambled eggs were put out in small amounts. Were they worried about them sitting and not tasting good, or were they trying to cut use and therefore costs?

The place is unusually quiet and it's pretty easy to get a good night's sleep.

About the only downside was the non-functioning whirlpool in the room. A sign saying "This doesn't work" would have been appreciated, and the front desk simply said that the one in my room (as well as 5 or 6 others) were broken.

Did not try out the pool.

Room Tip: 219 and 319 abut the elevator. 205-6-7-8; 215,217-18-19-20 and their 3rd floor counterparts should...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick H
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Overall, our room and the pool area were clean and comfortable--very satisfactory. However, the hotel management needs to do a better job of dealing with a full hotel. The night we stayed, the hotel appeared to be very full, yet there was no where near enough staff to handle the crowds that turned out for breakfast. Why advertise a free breakfast if you are not going to properly plan to serve all your guests?
Another problem we encounterd was a lack of parking. There were at least eight large commercial trucks loaded with 'liquid refuse' in the hotel lot, each of which took at least three parking places. When we returned to the hotel late at night, there was absolutely no where to park, and no one at the front desk to solve the problem. We had to park next door at the Country Inn, and luckily were not towed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jochrisvac
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times for business, in fact, for nearly two years I spent more nights at this Comfort Inn than my own home. Now, I stay there occasionally and wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Pittsburg area. Why? It's clean, the staff is friendly and every time I stop in something has been updated. In the last two years, they've painted the outside, installed automatic doors into the building, got new furniture and overhauled the breakfast. The outside and inside are very well maintained, right down to the flower beds. There are usually fresh flowers at the desk. Behind the desk is always a familiar face, very often, Patty, the manager. I've stayed in many hotels and worked in one and I've never seen a manager like her . She tackles any job, and because of her example, the rest of the staff does, too.

The hotel is close to the Meadowlands Casino and lots of great restaurants. There is lots of shopping with the outlet mall being directly across the street. I was very lucky to have had such a terrific place to "live" for so long!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms have a hot tub. It's right in the room so you can soak and watch TV at the sam...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
comfortmeadows, General Manager at Comfort Inn Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank You , I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Patty D'Achille

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Overall, I have to say I am disappointed with my experience at this hotel. While the rooms are nice and the hotel clean, the service is lacking. We drove out from Illinois and were not sure how far we made it so I did research on different hotels in different cities and made notes. Before embarking on our trip, I looked at the Comfort Inn website to gauge the cost for a night at the hotel and decided it was quite reasonable, being under $100 with my husband's federal government discount. However, when we got here just 24 hours later, suddenly the cost was $116. After we checked in and settled for the night, I looked it up again on the computer, so surprised that I got it so wrong. What I discovered was that the cost on the Comfort Inn website was $90--$26 cheaper per night than what we paid.

Additionally, we checked in around 5:45 in the evening and left for dinner. We told the front desk that we needed a crib. We were told it would be taken care of. Yet, at 7 p.m. when we returned from dinner, we still did not have a crib. I called down to the front desk. The issue was dealt with.

Finally, my husband told the front desk that we needed 2 queen beds. When we did get to our room we discovered we had doubles. I told the front desk that I was disappointed and hoped to at least be accommodated with a king bed. They had none. She tried to claim that she told my husband they only had doubles, but she didn't. Had she, he would have requested a king. If none were available, we would have gone to a different hotel. We do not sleep comfortably, at all, in a double together. So we were forced to sleep in different beds.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LovingJayhawk
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is an ok hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet. On Fri. and Sat. Nights, from 4PM and midnight they will take you to the Meadows Casino. You just call them to pick you back up. We did this on Sat. Mar. 10. That way we did not have to wear our coats to the casino.The breakfast in the morning is just ok. Scrambled eggs, Biscuits and gravy, instant oatmeal, make it yourself waffles, juice and coffee. They do have a nice indoor pool, and work-out room with treadmill, stationary bike, and stair climber. The hotel is about a half a mile from the casino. There is also a Burger King and McDonalds very close.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clsGreenOhio
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Hotel computer was slow - needs disk clean. Rest was fine service, staff good

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business