“Great for a college visit”

Hampton Inn Washington
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I spent one night here while my son stayed on campus at Washington and Jefferson College. The college is about 4 minutes away, so it is very convenient. My hotel room was spotless and comfortable. The front desk staff was courteous and kind. Breakfast spread was perfectly fine.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HollyTiley

Reviewed November 11, 2012

By far the worst Hampton I have ever stayed at. This hotel is very dated and not much choice to view on TV. I guess it was clean for how dated hotel is, not really sure how to gauge it. The staff was very nice and helpful, that is why I gave it a 3 instead of a 2.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jfchapman
Michele W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Michele Wrubleski

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was fine and service was great but there was not one thing right with the breakfast. The oatmeal was cold, the oj was watery, and the eggs were way over cooked. I will say the breakfast area was clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: November 2012
Michele W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you were disappointed in the look and feel of your guest suite and our television options. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and your room clean and we hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Checked in and got to our room. Laying in bed, looking up, and what did I see? About 10-12 bugs crawling all over the ceiling! Then saw they were all over the wall behind the TV, and crawling next to the window! Management came down and said that they just come in and there isn't anything they can do about it. They sucked them all into the vacuum, and apologized. Went out for dinner. Came back, and what did we find? More bugs! Another call, another trip into the vacuum. The housekeeping staff just laughed and said "they are stink bugs. Nothing we can do about them". It was disappointing, because the Breakfast and the indoor pool were really nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Michele W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had with bugs at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to prevent and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with them and have addressed the situation. We apologize again for the troubling experience and assure you we are working to prevent any similar situtations from occurring in the future.

Michele Wrubleski

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Decent stay - the accommodations served their purpose just fine.
Was in town for a wedding and tend to choose Hampton based upon its reputation and past stays. The wedding party reserved a different hotel but based upon TripAdvisor reviews of that locale we decided to book the old standby.
Arrived a couple of hours before check-in is typically allowed. Our desire was to check in and change for the wedding so we didn't have to make the trip over in our fancy clothes. Luckily the room was ready. Perfect!
Accommodations were clean, there was really nothing that stood out that sparked disappointment. (Except I thought the room came with a refrigerator, but this is a non issue).
The stay was peaceful and quiet, up until about 6:00am when doors started slamming, showers in other rooms started running, and people talked loudly. It was then that I realized the room walls were as thin as paper. This might be due to the hotel being an older model, but since it didn't affect our sleep in the early hours, I wasn't too worried. However, there may be issues for other guests on other floors during future stays.
The morning complimentary breakfast was bustling as usual. Though I only had a banana and coffee, I can't vouch much for the food. My husband had a biscuit and gravy and coffee, but voiced his opinion only on his dislike of the coffee. I've always thought it was decent. My only beef, however, of the breakfast atmosphere was the fact that when I went to throw our trash away, both bins were completely full and overflowing, while the breakfast attendant just kind of stood there and watched us struggle to stuff more plates and cups into the garbage. Now, I'm not entirely sure if the responsibility of changing out the trash for the breakfast lies with the attendant who makes sure the breakfast items are replenished, but it should have been addressed well before that point.
Even so, the stay was pleasant and a solid choice. I'm not sure if I'd have the opportunity to stay again, but I think it's definitely one of the better options for the area (aside from the newer establishments up near the Meadowlands Casino).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have stayed at this property in the past, but it was before I joined Trip Advisor. This hotel in close to both I-70/79 and downtown Washington. It is an older property, but has been renovated. As an older hotel, the rooms are slightly smaller than newer Hamptons. As was our luck this trip, the hotel was full our entire stay. Even so, we had no trouble finding parking each night. The rooms are smaller than newer Hamptons, so we had two double beds. The room was clean, warm, and very comfortable. The bathroom is also smaller than those in newer Hamptons, but was fine for our needs. The only issue we had was housekeeping skipped our room the first day. When I reported this to the front desk, the assistant general manager went above and beyond what I expected to make up for the oversight. The breakfast was the standard Hampton breakfast each morning, which was fine. Even with a full hotel, there was plenty of food and seating. We have stayed here before, and would do so again, as the price and service are better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bil D
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Atmosphere: newer design Hampton Inn; lobby is somewhat small; seating area for the free breakfast is definitely small (noticeably crowded on Sunday morning)

Service: efficient, professional

Rooms: this is by far the best feature of the hotel; current, modern Hampton Inn design; plenty of space for a sofa and king size bed; desk and closet tastefully occupied an entire wall as a unit next to the small window; bathroom was standard Hampton Inn and somewhat small; mini-fridge was a nice to have

Breakfast: not bad for a free breakfast, but have had better at most other Hampton Inns; note that the Donut Connection a few doors down is really good

Room Tip: Rooms facing rear of hotel are quieter.