DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Washington
“Nice”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

People are great. Rooms are comfortable. Beds are comfortable, linen was nice and clean. Plenty of outlets, lights, towels and toiletries. We always stay here when our non-profit group meets, it's the only full service hotel in the area. It has a restaurant, a bar/lounge with live entertainment on the weekends and meeting/banquet rooms.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele B
Mark H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you, Michelle, for the great review. It is very satisfying to all of us here at the DoubleTree Meadowlands when we are able to pleae our guests and they respond with a review. Thank your again and we look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My stay was October 28, 2013. I travel frequently for work and when I'm in Washington, PA, I usually stay at the Hampton Inn which is located beside the DoubleTree. After checking rates for the night of my stay, the DoubleTree was less expensive than the Hampton Inn so I chose to stay there. This was my first stay at this DoubleTree and as with all Hilton properties, I received a warm cookie when I checked in. I was also told my stay had been upgraded which usually means a little larger room. When I entered my room I was surprised to learn I had a 2-story unit complete with a spiral staircase! In all my years of traveling, I've never had a 2-story hotel room. The upstairs had 2 large bedrooms and 2 large baths. I was by myself so I had to laugh while deciding which room to sleep in! The downstairs was a living room with a separate kitchen. The upstairs was nicely furnished with modern TV's and furniture. However, the downstairs kitchen and living room needs updated furnishings and cabinets. But I can't complain since I had the whole place for just me!

When I left the next morning, I asked for coffee and fruit to take with me and was given a "to go" box that I filled with fresh fruit from the breakfast bar. Can't ask for more than that!

Staff was very friendly and personable. I would stay again if the rate is comparable to the Hampton next door!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindy G
Mark H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Cindy, G

I am so glad that we had the opportunity to serve as your host during your recent trip to the Pittsburgh area! It is also gratifying to hear that you were given exceptional service in our restaurant when you wanted take-out! Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again inthe very near future.
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We go away for a night every now and then. We always choose this hotel for it. It is close to shops and the meadowland casino. The staff is worth the trip and the room is quiet and comforting. You cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimbob1028
Mark H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Jeannette,

Thank you so very much for your kind words! On behalf of the entire staff, we truly appreciate you allowing us to serve you and we are very proud that you felt compelled to say "The staff is worth the Trip". We hope to see you again real soon!
Fairmont, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very nice hotel and the staff is excellent. Everyone is very helpful, the restaurant is also excellent. I only had breakfast, but there are two options of complimentary breakfasts. The rooms are very clean, and everything is set up very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Terri P
Dear Terri P,

Please accept my most sincere thank you for your kind review. I was particularly excited to read your comment that the "Staff is Excellent". Be assured that I have shared it with each and everyone one of them! Please return soon as it will be our pleasure to have us as our guest!
Buffalo, New York, Usa
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Was stuck at this Doubletree for 2 nights because on a group tour. The rugs were filthy, the hallways & rooms smelled, paper peeling from walls due to water damage. We requested a handicap room but got a standard bath tub with 3 railings (I could not get into tub, had to take sponge bath & wash hair in sink) there was a railing next to a low toilet & it was loose. There was a 3 shelf metal rack for towels next to toilet so there was no room for a wheelchair. They couldn't give us another room. Also all handicap rooms were at the far end of the corridors from the elevators. Housekeeping never replaced used glasses or cleaned bathroom sink. They charge for a buffet breakfast that other hotels have for free. Also my bed sagged, I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: no spa, outdoor pool only, stay at the Hampton next door
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatShak
Dear KatShak,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We strive daily to offer impeccable service and an excellent product in every way. Thus it is very disappointing when a guest is not satisfied. I truly wish that i had been made aware of your issues when you were here as my staff and I would most certainly have tried to resolve them. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip tot he area.
Bentleyville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My Boyfriend and I just stayed there this past weekend, we celebrated one my best friend's wedding there in the grand ballroom. It was great. The reception was fantastic and very fun. The food/staff was great. We checked in and were given cookies which were delicious. I even received 3 more the morning I checked out because we liked them so much. After the reception we took the shuttle to the Casino, that is a great feature. I know a lot of people who attended the wedding used it and were very happy. The room was clean and up to date. The beds were very comfy. Overall I really had a great time and would stay again. Would def recommend it!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kapow15,

How exciting to read that we have been able to WOW one of our guests! Thank you so much for the review. I have to agree that our signature DoubleTree cookies are nearly worth the trip all by themselves! Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that we can serve you again!
Glade Hill, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A little pricey. "Large group" rates could have been better discounted. Facilities were very good for the activity. Staff was very polite, and well trained. Reservations were easy, as well as check-in and check-out

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Arthur C.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very glad that you found our Facilities very good and our Staff very polite, and well trained. Please be certai to visit us again when you are in teh area!