“never stay there again”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Buffalo, New York, Usa
“never stay there again”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Was stuck at this Doubletree for 2 nights because on a group tour. The rugs were filthy, the hallways & rooms smelled, paper peeling from walls due to water damage. We requested a handicap room but got a standard bath tub with 3 railings (I could not get into tub, had to take sponge bath & wash hair in sink) there was a railing next to a low toilet & it was loose. There was a 3 shelf metal rack for towels next to toilet so there was no room for a wheelchair. They couldn't give us another room. Also all handicap rooms were at the far end of the corridors from the elevators. Housekeeping never replaced used glasses or cleaned bathroom sink. They charge for a buffet breakfast that other hotels have for free. Also my bed sagged, I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: no spa, outdoor pool only, stay at the Hampton next door
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatShak
Mark H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear KatShak,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We strive daily to offer impeccable service and an excellent product in every way. Thus it is very disappointing when a guest is not satisfied. I truly wish that i had been made aware of your issues when you were here as my staff and I would most certainly have tried to resolve them. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip tot he area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bentleyville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My Boyfriend and I just stayed there this past weekend, we celebrated one my best friend's wedding there in the grand ballroom. It was great. The reception was fantastic and very fun. The food/staff was great. We checked in and were given cookies which were delicious. I even received 3 more the morning I checked out because we liked them so much. After the reception we took the shuttle to the Casino, that is a great feature. I know a lot of people who attended the wedding used it and were very happy. The room was clean and up to date. The beds were very comfy. Overall I really had a great time and would stay again. Would def recommend it!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kapow15,

How exciting to read that we have been able to WOW one of our guests! Thank you so much for the review. I have to agree that our signature DoubleTree cookies are nearly worth the trip all by themselves! Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that we can serve you again!
Glade Hill, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A little pricey. "Large group" rates could have been better discounted. Facilities were very good for the activity. Staff was very polite, and well trained. Reservations were easy, as well as check-in and check-out

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Arthur C.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very glad that you found our Facilities very good and our Staff very polite, and well trained. Please be certai to visit us again when you are in teh area!
Charleston, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The nice looking lobby start the processing of deceiving guests on the quality of a hotel that this is. The room's door lock did not work it felt like it was going to fall off the door. The bathroom is so small that you have to back up and fit between the toilet and sink in order to open or close the door. It is so small that the sink and the toilet is right on top of you with no room to move. This room is not worth the price compared to the other hotels. I visit this area often and I will never use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Hunter L
Dear Hunter L,

Please acccept my apologies and regrets taht you were not pleased with your recent stay with us. We certainly try to be seen as Excellent to all of our guest each and every stay. Unfortunately, it appears taht we were unable to meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us another try when you return the area. We would love to show you that what you experienced is not the product taht we normally deliver!
Monessen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was the venue for my daughter's wedding reception. I can't even begin to say how smoothly everything took place. The wedding planner (Mary Ann) is very knowledgeable and her entire staff was accomodating and experienced. The Grand Ballroom was beautifully decorated and the food was delicious. Our overnight stay was pleasant. The room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful weekend! I would recommend this facility very highly for any special event and any stay. The casino and outlets can be easily visited by using the hotel shuttle service.. Many of our out of town guests took advantage of this convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Irene C
Dear Irene,

It is when we get review like yours taht we remember the reason that we work in the Hospitality Industry. We will host nearly 60 weddings this year and it is so very gratifying when we are able to deliver the kind of product that you experienced. Weddings are most certainly precious to those involved and i can assure you that they are special to this team as well! Thank you for your business, thank you for the review and best of luck to all of you!
Farmington, MI, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding -- the wedding was at the hotel. They did a good job with the wedding, but cocktail hour started late. The food was really good. The location of the hotel is right across the street from the outlets. The hotel was average. It was clean and smelled fresh. Only real complaint was the air conditioner was way too loud.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Dolly_S_K
Dear Danielle,

Thank you for being our guest during your attendance at a wedding at our property. We are vey glad that the wedding was a great experience for you. I am excited that you thought that the food was really good. I do apologize that the AC unit was too loud. I have had the Maintanance staff change it out, so thank you for the information!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room was clean, but small. The wallpaper was peeling and the furniture had some wear and stains. The rooms have double beds instead of queens. The main issue we had was noise. We could hear noise in the hallway, and noise from the next room. We apparently were next to a whirlpool room and we could hear the people and the pump motor late at night. Overall we did not get a good night’s sleep.
The other odd issue with this hotel is that the elevators are separated from the lobby by a set of stairs. The front desk tells you to take your luggage around to the side of the hotel and bring it in on the ground floor. That would be okay if we hadn’t already unloaded everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pretzel660
Mark H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Miami Visitors, Thank you for writing of your recent visit to our hotel. I apologise that you wre able to hear the noise from the Jacuzzi room next to yours. I am sure that it must have been very annoying. I also understand your frustration at having the registration on a different level than the main level for the Hotel tower. This unfortunately is an archetectural issue that are not able to remedy. Fortunately, we are able to communicate this to most of guests before they unload, but we were not so fortunate with you.

Please accept my apologies for those areas where we failed to met your expectations. I sincerely hope taht we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.