“Only smokers option.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed December 6, 2011

If you smoke like me this is one of the last truly nice places that welcomes us. Great staff and well appointed and maintained with a full service restaurant and bar as well as good room service. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Listen if your going to party can't beat this place. U get a free shuttle service to the casino. So u don't need a DD or a five dollar parking fee that the casino charges. All the rooms have fridges which is great. A beer pong table is in the room we had loved it. Might not have meant to be used to as a beer pong table but it was. And the best part of all is waffel house is a 3 min 1 mile mangled drive away. I took pics. Check then out.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel is very conveniently located off of I-79 and is only about 30 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport. The rooms are modern and clean. While I was only here for one night, I had a great experience. Overall, the property is above average for a Doubletree Hotel and I won't hesitate to stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank samranck
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here for a recent wedding. The wedding facilities were great, but our room had some major issues.
When we first checked in we discovered the wooden door on the cabinet hiding away the mini fridge had a broken hinge. This caused the door to stick out & I banged my foot on it more than once during our on night stay. Also, someone else's water bottle was left in the fridge.
The room was clean & beds were comfortable.
Had a major issue with loud guests in the room next to us. I understand guests can be loud & the noise of laughing & opening doors is expected, but it really sounded like people were being thrown against the wall! After 15 mins of listening to this, we decided to take a walk down to the front desk to complain & possibly have another room. Front desk clerk was very rude & basically told us we should've called instead of come down to the front desk. Also, all the other rooms were booked & we could not be moved.
A man from security did visit the room next door & tell the to quiet down & he did give us a follow up call to ensure the noise had stopped. However, the way the lady at the front desk initially handled the issue was very unprofessional.
Use pool while I was there, as well. Water was cold, looked unclean & had bandaid floating on the top (gross).
Fitness center was small, but clean & had a decent machine selection.
When we checked out I expressed my concerns about our stay to the morning front desk clerk. She was very kind & sympathetic. We ended up having 50% taken off our room cost. Although the experience was not a wonderful one, I thought the treatment at the end did make the overall situation better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Typical DoubeTree experience. Decent value and clean, comfy rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel since it was the Holiday Inn. We usually stay at least once a month because we like to visit the adjoining casino. They have a young lady named Bri that works the front desk and is a true asset to this property. She remembers you by name and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and talk with you, However, this last stay was simply the worst ever. We reserved a non smoking room and didn't arrive until late only to find that there were no more non smoking rooms so we had to take a smoking room. We dropped off our luggage and were going to head straight to the casino as wel had a dinner reservation at Bistecca. The room absolutely had the worst odor I have ever encountered. We left an went to our reservation and when we got back there was a dj in the bar and a wedding reception going on. Now we were also staying here as we had a 7:00 am flight out of the Pittsburgh airport for our vacation. Since we live more than an hour away we decided to have a nice dinner and hit the casino before we left for mexico. When we arrived back at our room at about midnight we were going to take showers and hit the bed as we had to get up a 4:00 am to head to the airport. When I went into the bathroom there were no towels to be found anywhere. I called the "care" line at the front desk and they said they would send them right up. A half hour went by and I finally went down to the lobby to the find clerk trying to help some other guests with a problem and the party spilling out of the bar into the lobby. When I finally got to the clerk and asked her where my towels were she replied with "oh I didn't know you havent gotten them yet" I will send security right up with them. I asked her if I could just wait there for them and she said no because security would have to unlock the laundry and bring them to my room. After waiting another half hour in my room security finally showed up with my towels. Finally after taking showers and getting a few hours sleep we awoke to head to the airport. When I unlocked my door to go to the car to get something I was greeted by a very large man snoring in the middle of the hall wearing only his underwear. I don't know how long he had been there but I suggested that security might want to remove him from the hall before everyone woke up. When I came back up to the room he was gone from the hall. I really think we are going to have to find another hotel in the area for our casino trip. With so many new properties opening all around the track this hotel had better step it up or they will lose a lot of business in the future. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the young lady at the desk who checks you in. Thanks Bri I hope to see you again someday!

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The value of the money paid is not worth it. The front desk was pleasant and helpful, but the room is aged and not worthy of a Hilton property. The banquet, bar, and front desk areas are beautiful. The room had a 19" tube television. I expect better for $150.00 a night!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Washington hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Meadows Racetrack & Casino
Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Cambria hotel & suites
Cambria hotel & suites
#8 of 20 in Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Washington - Meadow Lands
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington at Meadowlands

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Meadow Lands? Share your experiences!