“Dinner disaster at the diner”
Review of Ace Diner - CLOSED

Ace Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sister recommended the Ace diner so we tried it on a Sunday after church. I ordered breakfast and it was great. Later in the week, I returned for dinner with a friend and it was beyond horrible. The salad was almost all yellow and the chicken croquettes I ordered were nasty tasting, the potatoes were lumpy and tasteless, the yellow gravy was right from a jar. My friends open face roast beef was also terrible. I MIGHT try it again but definitely only for breakfast.

1  Thank Barbara J
There are newer reviews for Ace Diner

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nice diner food, nice staff. Great place for a quick bite. My son really liked the hot coco. Curly fries were yummy and generous pasta portions. We definitely will go back when we are in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I started eating at Ace Diner right after they opened and enjoyed my dining experience. Lately though things have changed and I probably will not go back. Breakfast is OK but the dinner is a disaster. Last time I got the roast turkey with mashed potatoes. It was covered with a gravy that had an unappetizing yellow color and the mashed were runny (instant?). Side dishes are limited and usually feature stewed tomatoes or creamed spinach. I don't like either and would prefer a decent vegetable. They have also had a complete turnover of wait staff. I miss the original crew as they were very good in my opinion. Oh well, just my opinion.

2  Thank jetpro777
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in while out checking our customers storm damage. We were seated in the back corner of the pack place and provided coffee promptly. The menu is standard diner fair done well and decent portion size. I always order a side plate of bacon and usually only get two pieces but this place gives you four or five. The home fries were cooked perfectly. Must of the servers were friendly and attentive. There was one server with pulled back hair and gawdy glasses that she kept looking over that clearly and blatantly saw our empty coffee cups looked right at me, made a strange scowl and walked away leaving us empty. We even put our cops at the end of the table. The owner and his son were working and couldn't have been friendlier. my wife and I will certainly make many return trips

1  Thank LDdave
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have eaten here many times for dinner and once for breakfast. Service alway at least good and food has always been great!! New favorite place for a quick and healthy dinner.