“Dependably Fabulous Food”
Review of KC Prime

KC Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
KC Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is our go-to restaurant for a fabulous dinner. I have been here many times for all sorts of occasions. It is always great. My favorite is the filet mignon with the bourbon sweet potato mash. Good wine selection. Excellent service. Totally top notch.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a large family group for dinner at Xmas time. The food was very good and the service was outstanding!!!!

1  Thank William P
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On a recent Saturday night there were 7 of us, and we are all meat eaters. Just some of the places that we have enjoyed great steak dinners include Morton's, Ruth Chris, Smith & Wollensky, Keens & Porterhouse (both in New York City) and most recently The Old Homestead in Atlantic City. Since KC Prime is in our neighborhood we welcomed the opportunity to have a true steakhouse without having to go too far from home.

When we arrived we were told that our table wasn't ready, we thought this odd as we had a reservation but waited outside on their nice patio. When the table was ready it was a stark white farmhouse style table with 7 napkins rolled around silverware. That was it! We joked among ourselves as to just what were they getting ready? I personally would have liked to have small candles on the table and/or flowers but with the no-nonsense table setting we thought that their emphasis must be on the food.

We all ordered appetizers and 5 out of 7 came out almost too soon. We had to remind our waiter twice that we were still waiting for the 2 other appetizers. It's common sense that they should have all been served at the same time. 5 of us were eating slowly but some of us had finished our appetizers before the other 2 even got theirs.

Then dinner was served, and again, almost too soon. I ordered the 18oz filet mignon and while good it wasn't great. I love a good steak esp when it's been seared on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside. This one was good but not mouth watering. I also order the Yukon mashed potatoes and the portion was larger than my steak! And lumpy! Perhaps the chef wanted us to know that the potatoes are home made but when you have to use a knife to cut your mashed potatoes they are, to me, too lumpy.

My husband ordered the bourbon mashed potatoes but did not get them, he got the Yukon instead but decided to keep what came on his plate.

One of our dining companions stated that his steak was overcooked but he didn't want to send it back as he was one of the 2 that had to wait for his appetizer, imagine how long it would have taken the kitchen to prepare his steak to his liking.

Desserts were good and a nice variety. Wine list, bourbon list, and specialty drinks are all great.

The food is good, not great.

The service could be better.

The restaurant doesn't have much atmosphere and I guess it's to make the meal the main attraction.

But just like it's abbreviated name it falls just a bit short.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

At first, I was a little put off by the ambiance. The decor isn't really my thing. The food is incredible. I have been here multiple times and have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've had. Get the steak......any steak. The sesame encrusted tuna was excellent. I would recommend you getting it on the rare side. I also enjoyed the calamari. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been to KC 4 times. Every time was great. The service was really good. Staff is very pleasant and never gets into your conversation unless asked to. The steak was excellent. Price wise not terrible. I never care what the cost is as long as it is good. The NY strip with bone in was great. But the filet with bone in was unreal. You can seriously cut it with your fork. I took my wife one night. She is not a meat eater. She had the salmon, and that was excellent also. They have a great wine list, and the staff is knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. The side dishes were great also.Would recommend highly