“I don't get it......”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: Swiss, American, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Street Rd.
Description: Dip Into Something Different
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“I don't get it......”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I didn't enjoy this experience at all. I met a friend and her 8 year old son here. I get that a kid loves the idea of making something at the table. That's where the good stuff ends for me. I thought the food was bland. I had a house salad that wasn't very crisp. The food is essentially boiled. Gross. Our server was a doll, which was the ONLY positive here.

If you're looking for flavor....go across the street to PF Changs. The Melting Pot is crazy over-priced for the below average food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Charlie T

Pennsylvania
“Restaurant week prices, less than stellar service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been to several Melting Pot locations, and in fact, this Warrington location several times before and I usually have very pleasant experiences. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with my last meal there earlier this week. The server was not attentive at all. We purposely asked for her to space out our 4 course meal, but we didn't ask for her to never come back to see if we needed more "dippers", refill our drinks, etc.

We also had to flag down another waitress to pay our bill because it was nearly a half hour from when she put down the bill, to when we found someone else to pick it up and run our credit card.

The food was delicious as always thought, so I have no complaint there. If you're looking for a fun meal, I'd definitely recommend this. Just hope you don't have the same waitress we did.

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
“Different, Enjoyable, (Kind of Expensive)”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I first went to a Melting Pot restaurant (Bethesda, MD) about 20 years ago. I thought it was awful, and hadn't returned until urged by my wife in Dec, 2012. I was skeptical, but willing to give it a try. It's changed a lot.

We went to the Warrington, PA branch (it's a chain, in case you didn't realize, but don't let that dissuade you). In fact, we went twice - first with just the two of us, and shortly thereafter with our three teens. We had a great time both times.

When there as a couple, we had an intimate, private booth. Although you can order ala carte, the most sensible and economical (and fun) way to order is to try one of their multi-course meals. Both times, we ordered four-course meals (cheese fondue starter, salad, dinner course, and dessert fondue). With a larger group (larger table, two burners), you can have two selections per fondue course (everyone can get their own salad).

For cheese fondue, we had Boston lager cheddar, traditional swiss, and cheddar cheese. All three were very good and came with bread cubes and veggie pieces for dipping.

I'm not much of a salad person, but even I enjoyed the Caesar salad. Everyone enjoyed their salads (and I don't recall which they were.)

For dinner course, we had Coq a Vin, boullion, and Mojo. I liked Coq a Vin best, but they were all good. For the dinner course, the broth is boiled, and they bring dishes (one dish when we were a couple) of uncooked meats that you cook in the broth after spearing them with the forks provided. (Given the hazard of raw food, I was impressed with how well they instruct guests regarding proper cooking and handling of raw foods -- (good job MP, and listen up, diners!)

Dessert fondues are to die for. We had (regular) chocolate and mixed dark-and-white chocolate fondues. Cake cubes and some other munch things came with them for dipping.

We all thought that it was a fun and delicious change from the variety of restaurants we often visit. (Oh yeah, cocktails were very good, too). I'd come more often, except that it is a little pricey (group dinner was $210 for 5 before tip - dinner for 2 was $110 before tip, with a few cocktails each). Even though it's on the expensive side, I think it's well worth the cost.

Thanks, MP. We'll be back!

• Visited December 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Our go to place for a night out.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going here for over 2 years and we have never been let down. The managers here are great and it is always nice when you are recognized as a frequent diner.

The good is as good as the people, and that is saying a lot. If you want a romantic night out with a fun twist on dinner, give Melting Pot a try.

• Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place to celebrate our wedding anniversary”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I recently went to MP to celebrate our anniversary. When I booked through OpenTable.com, I requested a "private table" since my husband and I rarely get time out alone to talk. Well - the manager set us up with a beautiful, quiet table. It was extremely private and just right for a "night out alone" to celebrate our anniversary.
The food was superb! We got the four course classic. Definitely recommend ordering the "chocolate turtle" for dessert.
All of the wait staff was EXTREMELY attentive. We felt like royalty.

• Visited November 2012