“Excellent clams over pasta…”
Review of Tj Smiths

Tj Smiths
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Overland Park, Kansas
“Excellent clams over pasta…”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

In my continuing quest to find the best tasting Spaghetti a la Vongole, I drove out to TJ Smith’s Restaurant and Bar in Warrington, PA. TJ Smith’s is a new looking establishment with large dining and bar areas. The menu is quite extensive and includes a good selection of Italian pasta offerings. Spaghetti and clams did not appear on the current menu, but since spaghetti & mussels was an entrée and steamed little neck clams in white wine and garlic sauce was an appetizer; I asked the waiter if the kitchen could prepare me some clams in white wine garlic sauce over linguine. I also ordered the chopped Greek salad. The Greek salad was huge and included loads of Feta cheese and Kalamata olives. My large plate of clams in white wine garlic sauce over linguine was wonderful with lots of flavor. There were over two dozen little neck or cherrystone clams, in a flavorful white wine and garlic broth. The clams-in-shell were fresh, sweet and perfectly cooked. TJ Smith’s version of Linguine a la Vongole makes it on to my top ten list of restaurants serving this dish. This place is well worth a return visit for a plate of Spaghetti a la Vongole.

• Visited April 2014

Killingworth, Connecticut
“busy - and delicious”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It was a busy time - so we sat at the bar... I ordered the corn chowder (it was very good!) and we split another appetizers. The bar tender was hopping so had to wait a little extra, but will have to try a sit down meal later. I liked the food selection, the location was great, food actually tasted good... the service speed was what kept it to 4 star - but I will come back for a full meal and will update.

Visited February 2014
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic and friendly”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I stopped in because it was very close to our hotel. We weren't very hungry but knew we needed something to eat.

We sat at a high top in the bar area and were very well taken care of by John, our server. He was friendly, professional and seemed to truly like his job. We were visiting from Florida and were amazed at how good the service is up here!

My wife ordered a side of steamed veggies and the mushroom risotto. It was the best either of us ever had! I was full from my blackened chicken Caesar salad, but couldn't stop eating the risotto.

The bar is loud, lively and busy. It was sooooo nice to see young people! We are from Sarasota, fl and young people are a rarity down there. Florida needs service lessons from the good folks in PA!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SHESAIDYES09
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
“never let down”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

What it boils down to is a menu with something for everyone, a decent beer selection, and service that is to my personal taste. (Not overbearing and not non existent). With all the chain restaurants on this strip of road, its nice to know this place can compete with the corporate garbage.

• Visited March 2014
Warrington, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been to T J Smiths a couple times for brunch the buffet is not large but all is very good, price is very reasonable and staff is very friendly. Buffet has fruit, Danish, omelet station, bacon, scrapple, waffles, sausage, cream dry beef and home fries may have forgotten a few but I think you get the idea. Can't beat it for the taste and price. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014