“Fantastic and friendly”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I stopped in because it was very close to our hotel. We weren't very hungry but knew we needed something to eat.

We sat at a high top in the bar area and were very well taken care of by John, our server. He was friendly, professional and seemed to truly like his job. We were visiting from Florida and were amazed at how good the service is up here!

My wife ordered a side of steamed veggies and the mushroom risotto. It was the best either of us ever had! I was full from my blackened chicken Caesar salad, but couldn't stop eating the risotto.

The bar is loud, lively and busy. It was sooooo nice to see young people! We are from Sarasota, fl and young people are a rarity down there. Florida needs service lessons from the good folks in PA!

1  Thank SHESAIDYES09

Reviewed March 15, 2014

What it boils down to is a menu with something for everyone, a decent beer selection, and service that is to my personal taste. (Not overbearing and not non existent). With all the chain restaurants on this strip of road, its nice to know this place can compete with the corporate garbage.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been to T J Smiths a couple times for brunch the buffet is not large but all is very good, price is very reasonable and staff is very friendly. Buffet has fruit, Danish, omelet station, bacon, scrapple, waffles, sausage, cream dry beef and home fries may have forgotten a few but I think you get the idea. Can't beat it for the taste and price. Enjoy!

1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food and service, prices reasonable. Easy to get to location. Would recommend for dinner or lunch.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I started at the bar waiting for our table. The wait was short but we had Chris as our bartender who was very friendly and when asked about the different rums they had explained to us all bout the different flavors and tastes. When we got seated for dinner we ordered an app. which was incredible. When dinner arrived, crab cake and steak (both of us), well ... let's just say the steak melted in my mouth and the crab cake was delicious! We go out for dinner regularly and have been to good restaurants, but this one was a five star to us. And we've been to five star restaurants before. I would highly recommend TJ Smith's for families or date night as my wife and I did. Great staff.