“Nice bison burgers!”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice bison burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm a big fan of bison but it's not always easy to find. There were many different flavor combinations and styles available and all the different toppings served to our group looked fresh and everything tasted great! It was a bit pricey ($13) but the bison was fresh and cooked perfectly. I'm not sure if I'd go there for chicken or fish, but I'll definitely be back for the bison!

• Visited July 2012

philadelphia
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Ted Turner does it right. The food is excellent and we love the western influence decor. The wait staff is very well trained and our favoite menu items are all buffalo. (THey have beef, too) My favorite cocktail is grapefruit something. It is delicious. Take your appetite because the portions are very generous. All food tastes homemade.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank BloomCenter
Pennsylvania
“Have been here many times and will go back many more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The buffalo burgers are to die for...sweet meat! Distinct from beef. The buffalo rib-eye is even better if you can believe that! Service has always been great here. The eco-feel of the place is another bonus. Have introduced many an out-of-town visitor to Ted's and they all love it. We plan on going back many more times

Visited March 2012
Jamson Pa
“Worst dining experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Worst dinning experience ever and pretty poor value.. Our visit was on 2/12/2012 and we arrived at @16:00. At that time the facility had very few patrons, being a Sunday afternoon this is to be expected. After a unusually long wait to be seated we were taken to a table which had not been prepared for quests. At the time we did not think this would be a issue, but It turned out to be one. Our server came by to take our drink orders but didn't provide silverware or napkins. One in our party ordered a mixed drink, to which he was informed that only top shelf alcohol was used in the mixed drinks. If this is actually true it is really bad form on the part of Ted's but then again it could just have been our server. He also took orders for appetizers, a bit later the drinks arrived followed by the appetizers (remember we had no silverware plates or napkins) the food was left on our table and the server disappeared. I had to go to the tables around ours that were prepared and take what we needed. At this time the hostess noticed what I was doing and came by to assist, never did the server inquire if we needed anything our come back with plates forks or knives. Between the drinks and appetizers our meal order was taken, and I ordered the Ted's Bison Bacon Cheese Burger. When our order arrived I saw that the bacon on the burger was basically raw, and it seemed that the burger had been sitting on the bun for quite awhile since the lower bun was saturated. I asked that the burger be taken back and that the bacon be properly prepared. What actually took place was they took the bacon off the burger and came back with replacement bacon for the burger. This time it went from raw to beyond burnt to a crisp, each piece was now less than 2 inches long and a dark black. I told them what I was looking for was in between these 2 extremes, it was then that I was informed that this is how they prepare bacon at Ted's. So much for preparing food the way the customer requests it. It was then that the manager came out to see us and she informed us that the kitchen was properly preparing the bacon as instructed by corporate and that was the only way they would /could make it, customer be dammed (my emphasis). To give her credit when I informed that I was not going to eat food prepared this way they did take the item off of our bill. And to add one final insult our server came back and while one in our party was still eating kept asking him if he wanted a box for his food. He did not seem to understand that he would only know this when he was done eating. His tip would have been 0 except my wife insisted that I leave something.
In summary service was so bad that this person should consider a new career. And honestly the manager should think about how they should handle guests or change occupations.

• Visited February 2012
PA
“Bison meat loaf....YUM!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We have been to Ted's Montana Grill four or five times. It's about a 45 minute ride but so well worth it! I love the fact that you can choose beef or bison. The first time there I had the bison meat loaf. It was scrumptious!!! Eventually I'll have to try something else on the menu, but I like the meat loaf so much I haven't been able to get myself to eat anything else! The pickles on the table are great. My husband has tried something different each time we've been there and liked everything. No complaints from us!

• Visited January 2012