“The Best Hotel Experience To Date. My home away from home.”
Review of Days Inn Warren

Days Inn Warren
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Warren
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I travel often for work so I do have hotel experiences of all types from good to bad. I have been staying with this hotel for an extended period of time (7 months to date of writing this review to be exact) and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and staff.

The first and most important thing I would like to mention is how amazing and caring the employees are in this particular hotel. With my extended stay here I have been able to interact with just about everyone employed at the hotel. This includes the management staff, servers and bartenders from the restaurant, and most of the cleaning crew. I have even had the pleasure of speaking with the owner of the facility.

Everyone has gone out of their way to make my extended stay as comfortable as possible. At this point I can call the hotel jokingly my home away from home. If I were to come up for vacation or recommend a hotel in Warren PA, the Holiday Inn would be my hotel of choice.

The facility its self is a very unique building. I especially enjoy the Atrium that separates the pool from the dining area. On one side of the atrium you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch, or dinner surrounded by real trees and plants. At the other end you can swim in the pool. To add even more to this experience there are certain rooms that have a balcony overlooking this entire area.

The bar area is also another place where I enjoy spending time. When you first walk in you get the impression it is a warm relaxing environment. There are many different types of seating from the bar area and the normal tables, to a huge comfortable couch next to a fireplace and big tv. They also have a pool table for extra entertainment. The bar has a new updated menu with lots of great food. I have eaten at the bar just about every night I have stayed at this facility over the past 7 months and still love the food.

The hotel also has many different sized rooms to suit all types of needs. I have noticed that the rooms are very very clean with fresh towels and sheets every day. The bathrooms have plenty of counter space, and are not closet sized like some places I have stayed. Most rooms have new flat screen tv's and digital thermostats, as well as, plenty of lighting.

While you do have to pay separate for breakfast, I find that I like the restaurant setting better. I like the fact that I can have my food made to order the way I like. This beats the buffet style breakfast where the food tends to sit and is not always as fresh as it could be. Not to mention there are way more options with things being made to order.

Over all I would give this hotel and staff ten stars but unfortunately the scale is only up to 5. As stated many times before, I have been at this hotel for 7 months so I believe I have experienced everything it has to offer and never been disappointed. I would not think twice about booking another hotel up here. I apologize for the book, but I have nothing but great things to say, and wanted to share.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike P
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Warren

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I travel quite a bit and normally book at Holiday Inn Express. I do not recommend this property. It is an old property and shows it's age throughout the outside, hallways and other public areas. The rooms were somewhat updated and clean enough. The bathroom tile is dated however the tub appears to have been refurbished which was nice. If you like lots of water pressure when showering you will get it but it was so hard I could barely stand under the shower. Also the tub has been rasied and the shower head is very low on the wall so if you are tall you will have problems. This hotel has probably 200 + room and there were only 2 other cars in the parking lot. I normally book a king room but when I made my reseveration the king rooms were more expensive and since my company pays for my travel I try and save them a little money so I booked a queen double. My request were upper floor and a non-adjoining room. I was put in the 4th floor but was placed in a adjoining room. My question to the staff at this hotel would be??? Why would you not upgrade someone to one of your nicer rooms if you are pretty much sitting empty? And pay attention to request. The front desk agent was efficient but not very friendly. They also do not offer breakfast, unless you want to pay $10. The room rate for AARP was $113 so for that rate you would expect some type of comlimentary breakfast. I am checking out tomorrow to move to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Went for a class reunion to Warren. Many of the people decided on the Holiday Inn because of the location and the fact that it has a lobby to sit and meet. I have stayed at other Holidays Inns that I liked better, but was not unhappy here.

Room Tip: Would not stay on the first floor as it was very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stay at the Holiday Inn in Warren, PA the last week of July on a three day motorcycle trip to the Allegheny National Forest Region. The hotel is conveniently located off the main east/west road, Highway 6 and just on the edge of town. It is very clean and in good condtiont in the quest rooms, lobby, and common areas. The rooms have comfortable beds, good size bathrooms, and everything worked. The televisions are the old tube style. The bar/lounge is well stocked and quiet. The bartender was very attentive. We ate dinner and breakfast in their restaurant and were very happy with the food and service. There is also a Perkins Restaurant within a short walking distance. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They let us park our motorcycles in a canopied area which we greatly appreciated. It has an atrium with pool but no hot tub. I recommend this location for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: We took what they gave us and were happy with the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Warren, PA for a friend's wedding this past weekend. The staff was courteous and we were able to check in early into our room - which was very nice. Our room was on the first floor - near a side exit (which you were supposed to have to use your room key to get into the hotel from the outside parking lot exit - but we could just pull on the door and it opened right up --- so, not the best security wise...) The room was just average - kind of dingy looking. The tv and stand were so old and outdated. The ironing board looked quite gross - but surprisingly the iron worked incredibly well. The chairs in the room were worn and ragged. The beds were pretty comfortable, as were the pillows, and the shower had a very nice shower head and good water pressure and temperature. I would suggest not eating in the restaurant. We ate lunch there one day and it was not great at all - I had a salad and a lot of the lettuce was wilted and brown. We ate there a second time for breakfast and it was horrible that day. My husband had an omelet and it was broken open and falling apart. I had eggs, toast and bacon. My eggs the first time were not cooked all the way through - then they brought me new ones and this time were overly cooked and brown -- and my toast was stale. (The bacon was good though). So - I would suggest avoiding the restaurant there if possible. The nice little atrium area is quite pretty to sit in though. I don't think there are too many hotel options in the area - so given that, I would recommend this hotel to stay at. However, it is not the most updated hotel - so go into it with that in mind.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times and loved it until the last 2 visits. Upon checking in, I was not charged the rate quoted on my reservation after going back and forth with the manager I was finally given credit. On my last visit in May. I made a reservation online the night before and when I was checking in they gave me a different room and told me that the type I requested was not available. The room was nice, but the exterior hallway on the 4th floor smelled awful and was extremely hot. I contacted the Holiday Inn Priority Club and explained my situation, they contacted this hotel twice and I was told I would receive a response from the hotel directly which I never did but the Priority Club went out of their way to help.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I really wanted to like this place, but something needs to be done about the paper thin walls! First, the lobby is well decorated and very nice! The bar is also a nice place to get a drink, although a bit pricey (hotel bars in general) for the location and a bit light on the alcohol in the drinks. Our room was a nice size on the fourth floor and the bed and bedding were devine! If only our sleep was as good! We were riding our motorcycles all day and were quite tired so we looked forward to a good slumber. We got about three hours when our next door neighbors started arguing about his apparent catting around with "Cindy." This went on for almost an hour (beginning at 1 a.m.) when we called the front desk. They quieted the distraught couple down and we thought we'd resume slumber. Until they decided to turn of the TV and leave Country Music Television on ALL NIGHT! The TV sounded like it was right by our heads! We used the AC to try to drown out the noise (that's how loud the AC was), but when it ticked off, it was back to CMT-a-go-go! We will try another hotel next time in the area. For the price, it just wasn't worth it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KeyLimeLover69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
No photo provided
Budget Inn
#2 of 2 in Falconer

Been to Days Inn Warren? Share your experiences!