“Sunny Day on the Deck”

Docksiders Cafe
Ranked #39 of 47 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at Wolf Run Marina north of Kinzua Dam, across from Kinzua Beach Recreation Area
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sunny Day on the Deck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The cafe had just opened for the summer when we stopped for lunch after a morning of hiking. Lunch was a great roast beef sandwich with a pickle (one of the best I've ever had) and chips. Simple but delicious.
Ate on the deck overlooking the water. Delightful.

• Visited May 2014

Smethport, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful view of the bay and great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Pittsburgh prime Rib is one of the best I have had and my wife loves the Hawaiian Salad with Shrimp. The food tastes great, is always spot on, and the service is generally good. You can eat in the dining room or sit out on the deck with a great view of the reservoir/bay during those beautiful summer evenings. The restaurant is seasonal, so check the schedule but it's worth the trip. Plenty to do before and after you eat with the Park & Lake

• Visited August 2013
Maryland
“Left our Planned Event Hanging at Last Minute - Unconscionable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The positive - location near the dam is a nice central location to McKean County travelers. The negative - likely one of the worst venues I have ever reviewed. Anyone planning an event for any reason - this place needs to be crossed off the list. I reside out of town but am from this area. When a reunion of our high school needed to be planned, we considered this spot for its location to meet on a Saturday afternoon. The food was never really the consideration because this restaurant has never been known for consistently good food -- it is just average at best. But it has a nice view as others note and an outdoor deck area in nice weather. We contacted the restaurant and requested availability for this planned event and it was set. I traveled up from Washington, DC to check the restaurant out and personally speak to the manager/owner. Everything was agreed and set. I send out invitations to approximately 100 people for the event (knowing that we would only get about 30 people in the area that make these reunion events from past attendance). Weeks later, I receive a call from "Fran" (unknown) that leaves a message saying she is touching base in coordination. I call back, expecting to maybe discuss numbers or other details -- she tells me that the manager has cancelled the event weeks from it taking place. At first, I was so stunned that I didn't even know what to say. I asked to speak to him - he "was not there" on Saturday and I could try to reach him on Monday if it was necessary. I demanded a call back from the owner -- nothing ever came. She was nothing short of rude and unprofessional as if we had caused the issue that caused the cancellation. Better -- the reason given "He thinks it might rain on that day". When discussed in advance, their was a "rain contingency" plan in place. I pleaded with Fran that I would have a huge responsibility at this point to contact all people who had received the earlier notice -- her response was "if only 30-40 people are likely coming, why are you lying and saying you need to send invitations out to 100?". Hmmm...because everyone who MAY come needs to be notified NOT to?!! We had to go back and try to reach out to the group of people that may be attending and resend out ALL NEW invitations to another event location (which has been wonderful in comparison). The manager/owner to this day still will not return the calls to discuss the costs and problems caused. On top, he has been telling locals that inquire on 'what happened' that we wanted him to host 100 people -- and that is simply a lie and not the case.

This wins 0 Star Rating of All Time --- you go to a restaurant for two things - service and food. The only reason this place stays open is just the view. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank tlc232
NW Pa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant on the shores of the Allegheny Reservoir”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

A great place to stop for an evening meal on a warm summer night. Come on your boat, or just watch the boats while dining.

Visited October 2011
Warren PA
“Great summer dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Docksiders overlooks the beauriful Kinzua Reservoir on Route 59 about 20 minutes from downtown Warren. Recommend the Tropical Salad. The sweet pineapple-honey dressing is awesome! Good sandwiches, pitchers of beer served in an ice bucket. Plenty of outside seating in the sunshine or under a shady canopy. Sunday afternoon "music on the deck". A local favorite.

Been to Docksiders Cafe? Share your experiences!