“Great Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great family-owned authentic Mexican food restaurant with reasonable prices and great food. It's BYOB also. Lots of items to choose from and the food is really well prepared and comes out hot from the kitchen. Free salsa & chips at the table. Great service too! They get very crowded on the weekends, so keep this in mind. They only they don't have that I would like is Mexican soup. They have a second location across from Neshaminy Mall under a different name.

Visited February 2014

Mercer Island, Washington
“Muy Bien!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This was very good. I had the shrimp/chicken/sausage fajitas dish and was impressed by the freshness and quality of the ingredients. Nicely done!

I was nervous at first because the salsa that came out with the chips just really was quite plain and unforgettable but once the entrees came out, the salsa was quickly forgotten.

Big menu like you'd normally see in your typical Mexican joint, however, the food at Rey's stands above the rest.

Service is prompt and the food comes out in swift fashion.

Note: you pay at the cashier when done.

PA
“Ok”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

the old Pizza Hut was reopened as a medium Mexican restaurant. pretty much the same food you will find at any mid level Mexican restaurant but the prices here are a bit more reasonable

“Delicious food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times
Since they have been open.
It used to be an old Pizza Hut that was vacant for many years.
When Rey Azteca opened up for business my wife and I were quite excited.
When we went there the first night of business, the line was out the door
And we had to wait about 30 minutes.
Yummy, that was really worth the wait.
we have been to many Mexican restaurants before so we wanted to see if this one was any different.
Upon seating, you are served fresh chips and salsa.
Also the guacamole is extremely fresh and plentiful.
Never before had we ever eaten Mexican food so fresh.
My favorite is the burrito shrimp canun and my wife's is shrimp fajitas.
To sum it up,
We go there every week or two for years now.
we know the owner and staff by their names as well as they know ours.
It feels like a family atmosphere when you are there.
Every thing is always fresh, not just good but delicious.
The prices are great, it's byob and if you don't get there at certain times,
You will be waiting to be seated.
I am very excited when I told my friends about this restaurant and they all have
Been there and have been repeat customers.
Also has wifi for the children.
Come in, give it a try.
You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bogart57
Nonette, France
“Great food friendly service”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

First let me say if you are looking for a ChChi's replacement then this isn't it. This is real Mexican food.
We were greeted at the door by a friendly smile, seated right away and given chips and salsa upon seating. The menu is quite extensive. There are tons of items to choose from. My 14 year old daughter chose the tacos (go figure) 3 for $5.00 but I was happy to see tomales on the menu. I love them. I got a combo meal one burrito, one enchilada, one tomale, beans and rice for $ 8.00. We even ordered dessert. Our whole bill was under $20.00. I was really impressed!!! Don't pass up the opportunity to go to this restaurant!!!

• Visited April 2013