All reviewsfront desk staffvery nice hoteltrain stationbath and body worksfree breakfastrecent stayrooms are spaciousexercise roomthe staff was friendly and helpfula great place to staystayed here for one nightbreakfast bardefinitely stay here againhot tubindoor poolking bedbagels
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great property, The hotel was emaculate and the staff very friendly and accommodating . the free breakfast in the am was a nice surprise as well. We used this hotel as a base to travel to different parts of the area. It is centrally
Coated near downtown Philedelphia, Doylestown and New Hope PA would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here after biking some of the Perkiomen bike trails and on the way to Sesame Place for the next day. I usually stay at a good amount of HI and HIE for business and this was one of the nicer ones. Nice accommodations, Nice staff and Nice grounds in general. I asked for a ground floor as I was going to bring my bikes in for the night and they did get me a ground floor room but I felt that the area was safe and they mentioned that there are cameras out side so the bikes just stayed in the truck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank markwithak
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Kind, cheerful enthusiastic staff. I was impressed with the room size and upscale feel. Much better than my last experiemce with a HIE in Richmond. I made it a point to compliment the staff just because it was such a nice stay and the staff appeared to work as a team.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in December so decided to stay there again this past weekend, however, this time it wasn't as pleasant. Staff was nice both times but the bathroom left much to be desired this visit. There was also moldy fruit in the mini fridge which had begun to stink. We thought we had found a little gem of a hotel but as it turns out we need to find someplace else to stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Susan B
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked the 2 QUEEN BEDS EXECUTIVE SUITE NONSMOKING. After reading the reviews here I was sure to tell the girt at the hotel to make sure she put in the computer that I DID NOT want to be placed on the 3rd floor. I read here the 3rd floor has both smoking and non smoking rooms. "Shontell" assured me it was noted on my reservation. My family and I arrived at the hotel and the girl said my room would be ready shortly. I asked her to confirm that we were not on the third floor. She told me "sorry all our 2 queen executive suites are located on the third floor." This is something I should have been aware of BEFORE I booked the room. I explained to the front desk I have severe asthma and cigarette smoke is a trigger and I did not want to spend my vacation in the hospital. She assured my family "your at the other end of the hall, not a problem." Being a family of 5 we needed the extra room for the baby and had no other choices. As soon as we got on the elevator you could smell the smoke. When we got off at the 3rd floor it smelled like a bar. Everything stunk like smoke. When we went into the room it smelled like room fresher had just been sprayed. As the perfume wore off the odor of the hallway began to creep in. I tried putting towels under the door. The next morning I went into the bathroom and it smelled like someone was smoking in it. The cigarette smoke travels through the bathroom exhaust fans from the smoking rooms to the non smoking rooms. I had to keep the bathroom fan constantly running and keep spraying my wife's perfume to hold off the smell! Don't be fooled, there are NO Non Smoking rooms on the third floor, no matter what end of the hallway your room is! Again the family was in town for Sesame and our options were limited.The room itself was not that big. I have stayed in standard rooms at other hotels that were bigger than this "Suite". The room itself was clean and well maintained. Some of the problems I did find with the room were: The curtains do not close all the way, just the sheers. This allows daylight to enter at the crack of dawn. In order to keep the kids in bed we had to hang the blankets from hangers and make our own curtains. There was just a small desk garbage can for the room. With a family of 5 the food and drink containers ran many times over. I found myself stacking garbage and searching for bags to put it in. Additional garbage pails or bigger ones are needed. The tub is like a V shape. I stepped into the tub and fell backwards through the curtain and luckily grabbed the tub rail or I would have fell on my head. Never seen a tub shaped so drastically. If you stood facing the shower head your feet were half up the sides of the tubs. No slip stickers and maybe a sign need to be added. I am sure there has been more than 1 accident due to slipping. Bath towels felt like indoor/outdoor carpeting. Not soft at all. We did ask for additional towels as the room came with 3, and was told only 1 person was on duty so I would have to come to the front desk to get them. I made some tea using the in room coffee maker. When I was done you could see an "oil slick" on top of the tea. Had to throw it out. Must be what the clean the machine or pot with, but cant be good! As for the good the hotel is VERY clean. The lobby was spotless as well as the other public areas. The pool and area was clean and well maintained as well. The breakfast was very good, probably up there with the best with it being fresh and hot. The woman who stocks the breakfast was constantly replenishing the trays, wiping down the counter, and tidying up the area. She took pride in her work and the breakfast area shined! The front desk staff was friendly as well. The beds were very comfortable with an assortment of soft to firm pillows to choose from. The AC worked great and made no noise. There is a new cafe directly in front of the hotels front door for sandwiches, snacks, and drinks. Overall the hotel was very nice and would rate a 5 star stay. unfortunately the constant battle to keep my "non smoking" room non smoking, knocks it down 2 whole stars. The fact that I brought up my concerns about the smoking/non smoking rooms on the same floor before I made my reservation, as well as the girl promising I would not be on that floor, only to arrive and placed there is inexcusable!

Room Tip: If you are a NON Smoker, do NOT reserve a room on the third floor no matter what!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family