“Your WORST nightmare!!!”

Council Cup Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wapwallopen
Council Cup Campground
Rotonda West, Florida
“Your WORST nightmare!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The write up on this place is great but when you get there your first thought is where is my gun & this place reminds me of a movie out in the middle of no where with NO internet or phone service what so ever! Only the visitors are allowed to park just pass the gate where all the other trailers are locals who live THERE! This is NOT the RV resort you think it is with the 25ft waterfall, the waterfall is water running over some high rocks down a stream & there is NO way in hell I would allow my dog to get in it!! This is a very BAD place to stay at & in no way should be on a list for travelers to venture too, plus you have to venture through the woods a ways to get the so called waterfall!!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE.... unless you want to film a horror movie!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sandy R

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We reserved the large cabin by the stream 3 weeks before we were scheduled to arrive. On the website it said check in was at 3pm. We got there a little after 3pm and the office was locked up with no one around. They finally answered the phone and said they would be right down. When the guy finally arrived, he told us that his wife gave our cabin to someone else. He said he has a camper/trailer that we could have for the same price. (it's normally $20 more a night) He then proceeded to tell us that he doesn't have the keys here for it. He had to drive an hour and half to get the keys. He showed us where the camper was located (I felt like we were camping in a trailer park) It seemed like we were the only ones camping, all the other sites we permanent residents. When he finally returned with the keys we checked the camper out. It was in OK condition, but smelled a lot like dogs. Needles to say it was also flea infested. We decided to cut our vacation short.When we were leaving the next morning we wanted to see if we could get some of our money back, but no one was in the office again and they would not answer the phone. I have been camping for many years and this experience was by far the worst.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kristin621

Travelers are raving about these Wapwallopen hotels

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been camping here for years, I loved it when I was younger there was so many kids growing up, now there's not many at all near my age, the owner's are really nice and they step there game up, yes everyone here enjoys the alcohol, but a lot of the time they get out of control, some of the younger kids can be loud, some parents don't watch their kids like they should, but the kids are always in the playground, the DJ`s are good, but need to play less country and more everything else, I know a lot of people left because the prices went up ALOT! , but it's a very quite place during the week, holiday weekends are the best time to be out there! so you decide, they don't clean the bathrooms every day, more like once a week, it gets muddy when it rains, there is a pool a few minutes away if you don't like swimming in the creek or falls like I do! but come and see for your self and be the judge

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was convinced to go camping here by my boyfriend who has been there umpteen times! I was a little skeptical...outside camping, in a tent, alone....but I went. Can I just say...I LOVED IT!!! We were on the top of the mountain right above the water fall..the sound of the water all night was so soothing. They had bathrooms which I could not do without. It was a weekend so I was surprised to see there weren't more people there, well at least that we saw. It was very private and comfortable. Luckily he had everything under control and had the tent up and a fire going in 20 minutes! The second day there we ran into Berwick to get some supplies and snuck off to have breakfast. It was great! Far enough away that your phones don't work, yet still close enough to run and get breakfast! Great place. Not to mention the people were very friendly! We will be going back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carla B
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If your looking to have a good time out in the woods with your friends, without the bothers from the outside world, however still close to civilization, this is the place. We were stationed by the stream near the gorgeous waterfall. Be prepared to be self-sufficient, if you do not have an open mind when it comes to nature you will not have fun at any rustic campsite like this one. I went with a large group of twenty-something year olds; NO KIDS, NO PETS, NO PROBLEMS. We did our own thing, played by ear each day and did NOT sign up for activeties, just made up our own and had a blast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
BERWICK PA
Reviewed November 25, 2011

we camped there for ten years as seasonal campers we stayed because we had a camper u couldnt just move out we had to wait to see it. the management is very poor all they care about is money they put activities on the schedule and dont do even half of them. we recently had our 4 wheeler stolen from their they dont care their is not security or safety at that campground, they would rather save $10.00 on the elecrtic bill then run the dust to dawn light on the pavilion at night they turn the light out and u cant see more than 5 ft ahead of u,when somebody gets hurt then it will be too late, i would not recommend it to anybody moyers grove is a couple miles away and ALOT NICER

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Brittney B
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is not your typical family campground. If you are looking for a some great backwoods privacy and yet still be close to civilization, this is it. There are plenty of tenting sites that go back about a mile into the woods along a stream and near a beautiful waterfall. My girlfriend and I (no children) have a 24 ft travel trailer that we park there seasonally. This was our first year here. Yes, it's cheaper and without all the ameniteis of nearby "family" campgrounds but it's right up our alley. We enjoy the fires, music and cold beer and the company of good friends. I prefer to be away from the crowds an children.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jerzy_rich

Been to Council Cup Campground? Share your experiences!