“Great food, nice outdoor seating”
Review of Azie on Main

Azie on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Azie on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Villanova
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Septa train- R5 Villanova
Description: Azie… Refreshingly Global Comes to the Main Line. Consider this your palate’s passport to a myriad of culinary splendors. At Azie On Main, a distinctly multi-cultural tapestry of beautifully creative contemporary Asian cuisines, with diverse global influences ranging from France to Italy and beyond, offers a modern twist for those who hunger for diversity. Azie on Main features signature dishes with highest quality ingredients by Chef Takao Iinuma, complemented by an extensive sushi bar with impressive offerings from the sea. Outdoor dining, sake selections, wine, & beer from around the world makes this the new Zen place to be.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, nice outdoor seating”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Good food with a nice range. Sushi, brussle sprouts, tofu, chicken. Very good food. Service was pretty good. A little hard to understand the broken english but attentive to needs. Food took a little while to get but not awful.

I would definitely go there again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Shawn H

Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“Asian Oasis on the Main Line”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am stymied as to why Yangming, about two miles away in Bryn Mawr, has been called the best Chinese restaurant in the U.S., when Azie on Main far outshines it. Everything about Azie, from its modern, upscale decor, to its service and, of course, its Asian-fusion fare, is far superior.

I looked around and noticed a heterogeneous crowd. There were couples, families with young children, and groups celebrating events, as well as groups of friends, like ours. Almost everyone was casually dressed.

Our party of six was seated at a round table -- optimal for conversation -- and our server came over almost at once. When she couldn't answer certain questions, such as whether a particular beer was available or if a dish was strictly vegetarian, she got the answers and returned promptly. The service continued to be excellent throughout the meal, i.e., attentive but not hovering too much. For instance, despite the size of our party, we all received our entrees within a couple minutes of each other.

Several of us ordered the Seafood Toban Yaki, chock full of vegetables and various kinds of seafood, including lobster meat in the shell. It is a dish that's flavorful without being overly salty. It's also an ample portion. Even though I didn't order an appetizer, there was enough to take home to reheat for lunch the following day. There is also a sizable array of sushi available, although no one in our party ordered any.

What really impressed me were the desserts. Many Chinese restaurants stick with Asian specialties, but I've never developed a liking for them. Azie's desserts, on the other hand, are choices you'd expect to find in a European eatery. For instance, chocolate fondue was on the menu. Since I have a weakness for it, I ordered it, and it was truly the best I've ever had, with delectable fudgy sauce, and an assortment of fresh fruits, marshmallows, and cookies for dipping, Their ice cream is also wonderful. I make my own, and I like to think I know quality ice cream from run-of-the-mill store-bought varieties. While I don't believe theirs is homemade, it is certainly creamy and high quality.

There is a lot of grumbling here on Philadelphia's Main Line that we lack the high-quality restaurants which can be found in the city. However, Azie proves this isn't true. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank screenstarr
Valley Forge, PA
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is our second visit, having been here more than 10 months ago. Food is consistently good with a selection of Asian inspired brunch...nigiri and sushi rolls, siomai, chicken teriyaki...alongside bagels, croissants, etc. Fried rice with Kobe beef is very tasty combined with a moist chicken teri-yaki. Tuna, salmon and white fish nigiri sushi are all fresh and constantly refilled. Shrimp cocktail (actually jumbo prawns) is refreshing. Brunch is only $20 which I believe is a bargain. Additional charge for a mimosa or fresh brewed coffee, but well worth paying.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MeadowsValleyForge
Bala Cynwyd
“Falling”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Lack of comfortable chairs, seats of chairs are too low for tables, but mostly the quality of the food has fallen down: overcooked shrimps, horrible Brussel sprouts, a disappointment. I guess that if I went back, I would not venture into prepared dishes, but stick to the raw bar items...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Patricia L
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Down Hill slide”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited for lunch and experienced poor service, small serving of Seaweed Salad, mediocre sushi all for a high price. Will not go again unless we hear it is, as it was in it's early days.. god again!

• Visited July 2012