“Great Food, But...”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had the Spanish Paella this time (we've been here multiple times) and it was great as well as the salad, however, the dessert was DISGUSTING! It was grilled peaches with marscapone cheese. It tasted like burnt meat! When the waitress asked us about it we told her the truth and she said that others liked it and walked away never to return. So much for ordering an extra beer!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband brought me here for our anniversary. We were vacationing in Pittsburgh so we didn't know what to expect. He made a reservation the morning of and we were able to get a table at 6pm. Upon arrival we saw the FABULOUS rooftop deck and asked to move our reservation up there. The staff was VERY accommodating and seated us at a nice little table overlooking the river. It was a gorgeous evening so I am very glad we were able to sit on the deck! My husband ordered the Salmon Special which he said was "ok" (we are not fish eaters, though). I ordered the half-chicken with risotto. The chicken was a very large portion and was very tender. The risotto had a mushroom cream sauce that was delicious. We do not usually eat out at expensive restaurants but I am glad my husband chose this place. What a good memory!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Best restaurant I have tried in a long time. A combination of a great view, stellar service and amazingly interesting food made this worth the drive.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

have eaten in this restaurant, located on the allegheny river, three times during the past year.
the first time, the food and service were outstanding; second time, the food was delicious. the third time, it seemed like someone had hijacked the chef and replaced him with a defective microwave.

even though the place was half empty, they were out of two entrees by 7:30pm dinner. my scallops(3) were served on a cold bed of risotto. when i complained, the waiter apologized, had my dish reheated to tepid, and returned it.

the price for entrees, $25-35 and $7 for salad are steep. this time, the waiter even forgot the free almond liquor that usually comes w the check.

1  Thank visionblurry
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I took my wife here for her birthday. It was our first time there and we have only hear good things. We arrived at 6:40pm for a 7:00pm reservation and sat at the bar for a drink. We were surprised to see how many of the guests knew the staff by their first name. We began to talk with others at the bar and realized it was now past 8:00pm. We weren't up set or worried. The restaurant isn't all that big and we could see all the tables were full. We ordered some apps and waited. Now, long story short apparently there were 3 BIG groups there that night who lingered almost all night leaving no tables to sit new guests at. Now this wasn't very upsetting but it would have been nice to be told this by the staff and not over hear it being spoken among them. The kitchen, we over heard again, was very busy as well. We were seated after 9:00pm but the people we met were nice and we enjoyed the drinks and conversation.
The menu is great! So much to choose from al different and looked very good. The country fried tenderloin sounded good but I endend up with the seafood paella. I was apprehensive about getting this so late in the evening. I have always seen large portions of paella made at one time and worried it would be dry and cold. It was piping hot and moist as could be. It was very good but tasted more of tomato than the saffron flavor I am used to. All of the food we had was great. From the multigrain bread and olive tampande to our meals. The one question I had was the slider appitizer we bought. 3 sliders, one shrimp tempura, one chorizzo and one seared scallop wraped in bacon. All of these were cooked perfectly and even though we got this app 1 hr after it was ordered it was hot and fresh but what didn't make sense was they were served on store bought slider buns not the artisan home made breads they served us. Dessert was good but unimpressive. A girl we met at the bar told us of the great Creme Brulet that was offered but when the waitress came there was no mention of it this night. They served a Portuguese almond liqueur that was free with the check.
I would definately go here again but leave us a lot of time to be seated.