“Fabulous food with great ambiance (outdoors!)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
My Big Fat Greek Gyro
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Venetia
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is a fabulous place for getting a delicious gyro. The portions are quite plentiful, and delicious. They offer the normal gyro, as well as a chicken and steak version. I normally get a Veggie gyro, as the portion of meat they place on the regular is just too much for me...I'm content to just snag a few pieces of lamb from my sons' orders :-). And my boys have proclaimed this the best gyro in the Pittsburgh area! We have tried numerous gyro places, and this one has toped them all. Especially after building up an appetite on the nearby bike trail...and the outdoor seating is nice as well, with a pond and gazebo, and seating spread throughout a small wooded section next to the trail. About the only downside is that the place is so popular (deservedly so), that parking is at a premium. So park nearby, stroll down the trail, and stop in for a delicious experience.

Reviewed June 5, 2009

My husband and I like to have a date once a week. We decided to try some gyros. We are always disappointed, until we came here. The wait was a little long, but worth it. The meat was plentiful and delicious. The atmostphere was casual and sweet. We were in a gazebo near a walking trail and a pond. They had live music next to the coffee house that they apparently share the outside with. A romantic evening with excellent food at a great price. Who can ask for more.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Everyone always says that they are looking for an unpretentious local place with good, cheap food. This is it.

It backs up to the Montour Trail so you can walk you way into being hungry or walk off your gyro. There's seating indoors and outdoors but the place is small inside. The gyros are huge. The food is always fresh. A small order of fries is $2 and it will feed 2 normal people. Try it. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed July 18, 2008

You will NOT be disappointed! A small place with very a friendly staff and fast service. At lunch time it can get crowded and take a little longer but if you are in a hurry you can call in your order. The portions are great especially for the price. A great place for everyone and on a nice day you can sit outside. The absolute best gyro I have ever had! Other items I highly recommend ... chicken platter (their grilled chicken is fantastic), grape leaves, hummus and they have amazing fries. My best friend is a vegetarian and also loves this place! We eat there at least twice a week.