“Great little hidden place”
Review of Little Saigon

Little Saigon
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Upper Darby
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2016

We came here because it is close to the Tower Theater, where we had tickets for a show. We have had other Asian cuisines, but never Vietnamese and we wanted to try it.For an appetizer we ordered the spring rolls, which were delicious. They were much crunchier than spring rolls that were Chinese. The batter must have been thicker and they were deep fried. I ordered the green mussels for my entree. They turned out to be huge, much bigger than mussels I have ordered in the past. They were tender and delicious. Salads arrived even before the appetizer, which was puzzling. They weren't anything special, just iceberg lettuce and bean sprouts. The dressing was good though. My husband ordered a beef dish which consisted of beef cubes and vegetables. He said it was good and the beef was very tender. All in all I would definitely come back if I were in this area again. The prices were reasonable and the food delicious.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

The folks who run this restaurant are great people who are very customer service oriented. I know when I was there I heard the server modify spices and adapt the dishes to accommodate some other diners.
The food is perfection, in terms of food this restaurant rates a 5. Recently I have eaten the spring rolls that are the best, some rice noodle dishes with vegetables, mixed sea food that were great and the summer rolls which include rice noodles in a soft roll that were wonderful. Soups are outstanding.
The atmosphere is quite nice but not fancy which is why I did not give the extra star but what keeps the prices reasonable.
If you want to be waited on by nice people, eat good Vietnamese reasonably food in a nice atmosphere then this place is for you. BYOB is also a plus.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

We were there for very late lunch/early supper. They had steady business, but it was not crowded at this off time. Our waiter was very patient explaining various items on the menu for those of us not familiar with Vietnamese cuisine. The noodle soup was loaded with fresh veggies & large fresh shrimp in a wonderful broth. Hubby's peanut shrimp with fresh veggies & rice noodles was also great.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

The start of your meal is when you walk into the restaurant and are warmly greeted by Edward, the owner-a perfect host. You are asked about your day or if you are in a hurry, how can they best serve you. After a review of their menu, your order is taken or if you like, the kitchen can certainly please your appetite with a dish of your own creation. Everything is done to please you and to make your meal a pleasurable one. You feel comfortable to linger or hurry home if that is your choice. The food is enjoyable and there is always enough to bring some home with you.
Do yourself a favor, stop by and see what you like about "Little Saigon."
You will return, I promise.

Reviewed June 2, 2015

We go here frequently and have introduced it to all our friends who also love it. The owners are lovely, the food is fresh, delicious, and very inexpensive. It is definitely worth a drive.( there is a parking lot across the street).

Be sure to get the crispy spring rolls. The grilled pork on rice noodles is especially good but you can't go wrong with any dish.

BYOB, and crowded on Saturday night.