“Ruined anniversary...”

Tara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I made reservations for my wife and I for our upcoming anniversary. The area is rural so there are not a great deal of fine dining establishments that have this type of secluded feel. I was called by the restaurant on the day of our reservation and was told that Tara was cancelling all the reservations for the evening because someone on their staff was coming down with the flu and that they did not wish to get us sick. ??????????? And then they wished us a happy anniversary. Unprofessional and inconsiderate. What type of resaurant shuts down on a weekend evening for this reason? This is a first for me. I wish I could upload the message they left. Remarkable.

Date of visit: October 2013
6  Thank C V
castoatriani, Owner at Tara, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

When you originally called for a reservation you asked for Monday night the 7th of October, the day of your actual anniversary. When the receptionist told you the restaurant was not open Monday evenings you asked if we might make a special exception for you and open Monday. This tells me that you are aware we are a very small restaurant, chef owned and rely only on key personnel. The message to you was that a key member of Tara possibly was coming down with the flu and all reservations were going to be cancelled to prevent the spreading of a virus. You ask what type of restaurant would do this - I say one that thinks more of their guests well-being than making a profit. I knew the other guests that I had to cancel and they quite understood. Being you originally wanted Monday evening I did not think the cancellation would be a problem for you. This is the second time in our 46 years of business that we had to cancel reservations.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Tara is not just dinner, it is a dining experience. The care given to you by the staff is not to be matched anywhere. It is the perfect place for a romantic dinner or to go when you want to wow your friends. The food is spectacular! While this restaurant is not inexpensive it is worth every penny that you spend. I would rather dine at the Tara than anywhere else in the area.

Date of visit: August 2013
3  Thank EatBucksCounty
Reviewed August 7, 2013

we just returned from dining at Tara. Enter a gracious home with beautiful arias playing to bring you to a very elegant place and peaceful frame of mind.you've been invited into the home of the most charming and interesting host whose wife is am amazing chef who prepared a dinner wherein each course surpassed the last. tagliatelle cooked perfectly al dente with black truffles in an olive oil and garlic base had to be slowly savored. our next course was a shared leaf salad with citrus and lightly candied walnuts. My entree was a perfectly seasoned, moist lobster in a scampi sauce and he had a serious veal chop topped with sweet peppers and mushrooms. Dessert was a fragrant cinnamon tea and an espresso served with a chocolate mousse and a fig truffle stuffed and coated with two types of chocolate and covered in nuts. An unexpectedly civilized and super enjoyable time- We got to visit italy without going thru security at the airport.

Date of visit: August 2013
4  Thank chilemom1
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a wonderful place and a great experience. If you are looking for that perfect dinner with a loved one this is surely the place. It is very romantic, quite and you are not rushed out the door. Also, the owners and staff are extremely friendly and very accommodating. Note; when making your reservation make sure you let Jim (owner) know of any dietary or vegetarian needs and he will accommodate you 100%! I can't say enough good things about this restaurant...a true hidden gem.

Date of visit: February 2013
3  Thank Frederick S
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stoped by based on trip advisor reviews alone. The restaurant was hard to find as it looked like a residence. The food was just good, nothing to sing praises about. It is a notch above a chilis. The interior is very bizarre. Excellent service and care from the owner and staff. On a Saturday night there were only three tables filled.

4  Thank Tenpoundsover