“I want to bang on 'drums' all day...”

Ringing Rocks County Park
Bucks County, PA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“I want to bang on 'drums' all day...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'm not really sure if there's anywhere else in the world where you can bang on rocks that produce metallic sounds, but it's local, interesting, and has even been listed in several books. It's not as big as the boulder field by Whitehaven, but it's still a nice little park for mild hiking and jumping from rock to rock.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank hypo_theories

Ottsville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Its off the beaten path , but very quaint, good for the whole family.Bring a hammer to hit the rocks to hear them ring,,,very cool.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Maggie P
Lancaster, PA
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“An interesting afternoon diversion.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I discovered this park while looking for place to stretch our legs along the way to the Poconos. It seemed to fit the bill just fine, with the added bonus of a few Geocaches to find and a waterfall. It turned out to be far more entertaining than I had expected, even after reading up on it a little before we left.
The falls were down to a trickle, which I understand is normal for this time of year, but the uniquely flat rock of the creekbed was still fun to explore. While in the boulder field I kept having mental images of a bunch of chimpanzees pointlessly banging rocks together, and I even teased my wife about the inordinate amount of fun she was having doing so.

Then I joined in, and understanding dawned upon me. What a fun place!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mark_and_Neida
New Hope, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ringing Rocks - Fun afternoon with the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We had fun hitting the rocks with the boys, walking down to the waterfall, then up the waterfall to another waterfall. Then we found a path on the right, back to parking lot. So, basically a loop. Sounds easy, right? Not! Great exercise and wear good shoes.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank aee333
Conshohocken
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“If you like to ROCK.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wanted to do a staycation over Labor Day. I searched for odd ball things to do. I found it. At the Ringing Rocks Park in Upper Black Eddy, PA a literal ton of rocks scattered unevenly down a forest path are said to sound like bell chimes. Yeah. Right. I brought my hammer and passed other rock musicians coming back from their concert. My first attempt at smacking a rock with my hammer did not turn up any music. Then I heard many lovely bell sounds coming from all sides of the rocks in front of me - to the left of me and to the right of me. I watched quietly as different tones were hammered out. I found a few near me that sang a song to my ears. Okay, it works.
Great for family fun. It's free. Dangerous terrain. One slip on the rocks and .... Not good for those with health issues or walkers. Go the bathroom before you arrive, as I had to stick toilet tissues up my nose to enter. This was after I heard my husband gagging. Oh, there is a waterfall, but we did not see it, but I did hear it. Go- wear sneakers and bring a hammer and rock on!!!!

Visited August 2013