“Ringing Rocks - Fun afternoon with the family!”

Ringing Rocks County Park
New Hope, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ringing Rocks - Fun afternoon with the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We had fun hitting the rocks with the boys, walking down to the waterfall, then up the waterfall to another waterfall. Then we found a path on the right, back to parking lot. So, basically a loop. Sounds easy, right? Not! Great exercise and wear good shoes.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank aee333

Conshohocken
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“If you like to ROCK.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wanted to do a staycation over Labor Day. I searched for odd ball things to do. I found it. At the Ringing Rocks Park in Upper Black Eddy, PA a literal ton of rocks scattered unevenly down a forest path are said to sound like bell chimes. Yeah. Right. I brought my hammer and passed other rock musicians coming back from their concert. My first attempt at smacking a rock with my hammer did not turn up any music. Then I heard many lovely bell sounds coming from all sides of the rocks in front of me - to the left of me and to the right of me. I watched quietly as different tones were hammered out. I found a few near me that sang a song to my ears. Okay, it works.
Great for family fun. It's free. Dangerous terrain. One slip on the rocks and .... Not good for those with health issues or walkers. Go the bathroom before you arrive, as I had to stick toilet tissues up my nose to enter. This was after I heard my husband gagging. Oh, there is a waterfall, but we did not see it, but I did hear it. Go- wear sneakers and bring a hammer and rock on!!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sandra G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“So cool!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My fiance found this park by searching online. This is the coolest place. When you hit the rocks with a blunt object, they sound hollow and they ring like a bell. We saw people walking around with hammers hitting the rocks which was an excellecnt idea. We were able to make-do with some smaller rocks but they were a little difficult to find. I can't wait to come back here when I'm in the area next.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MrsFalcon926
Lansdale
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bring the family! Bring the hammers! Hop up and down and hit rocks with your hammers! It was so much fun when you go around and try to find the rock that has the clearest and loudest ring! The best we could do was a minor 3rd between two rocks. A word of caution: wear hiking boots with good ankle support.

Visited July 2013
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Massive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Finally made our first trip here today. The parking area is fairly small so I would suggest going during an off time, i.e., not a weekend. The weather was overcast and rainy today so it wasn't too crowded. Pictures do not do this park justice...some of the rocks are massive and seems to go on forever. While it was fun climbing on the rocks to find good ones to hit with our hammer, it can be dangerous if you misstep so make sure you have good boots or sneakers on! It felt like a workout while navigating a path to get to large rocks to feel stable on. My son had an awesome time looking for the right rocks. As others have said, make sure to follow the trail (which is noted as you enter the park) to continue on to the waterfall. When we found the falls, we stayed at the top which gives you a limited view. You can venture down to the bottom but we decided not to since it had just rained and was very humid and I felt it would be too slippery going down. We will plan a return visit when the grounds are drier. Overall a fun time with the kids and you could spend quite a bit of time there.

Visited July 2013