“One to avoid”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RTS. 82 & 162
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The first problem with Catherine's is the small parking lot. There might be enough spaces, but there's not a lot of room to maneuver to get in and out.

Once inside, the place wasn't busy. We still stood waiting for seating as the staff walked by. We were finally seated at one of the many empty tables. About five minutes later, our waitress brought us some water. We assumed that she'd be back with menus but no such luck. She busied herself seating other customers, clearing tables, and generally avoiding eye contact. After another five minutes, my wife went up and asked our waitress for menus. Maybe ten minutes later, we saw our waitress heading our way and were hopeful that she would be taking our order. Instead she went to the table next to ours, uncorked the bubbly and engaging in pleasant conversation with those customers. She then walked past our table and started to chit-chat with the next table. We finally took the hint and left. Our waitress said "I'm sorry" as she watched us walk out.

We've been to Paris, so this isn't the rudest or least attentive service we've ever had. It was a surprise however, since we had been to Catherine's previously and the service had been adequate.

From our previous visits, I'd rate the food as adequate but overpriced.

There are newer reviews for Catherine's Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The building doesn't look like much when you drive up, but there is a really quaint courtyard area, and the dining room seems huge. We went on a Thursday night, and the place was almost empty. The menu was very seafood-heavy (7 of the 9 entrees), which is not my favorite. The only entree I wanted was the duck, so I was very disappointed when the server said they were out of duck. I had two apps instead - the spicy Caesar salad (a great twist on a usually predictable item) and a smoked ravioli dish that was really tasty. My husband liked the mushroom and crab soup, plus his filet. We passed on desserts because we were so full. When I asked a friend if she'd ever been there, her answer was "Yes, several times, and they always are out of something. One time they were even out of Diet Coke." So, my advice is to call ahead to check the availability of whatever you're jonesing for. I will go back, but only after I confirm they have duck!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Food was very good, interesting restaurant, service was good. The lack of lighting should make it a romantic restaurant, but it was so busy that night it was very loud...couldn't hear eachother!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We visit Catherine's about once a month. The restaurant overall has been consistent; the dishes are unique, tasteful albeit a little pricey. We prefer a slower pace of service so the comments here about slow service don't really bother us. When we dine at a restaurant like Catherine's we prefer a slower pace, want to relax and savor the food, our wine and of course the conversation and companionship.
The mushroom soup with crab meat is superb. Regardless of the weather, even during warm summer evenings, the soup is something you must try. We have had the blackened tuna and crab cake entrees, no complaints. At our last vist we tried the mixed berry pie for dessert. A great way to finish a great dinner.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Jumbo Shrimp & Paparadelle Noodles asparagus, caramelized ginger & lemon basil 24.95 - I didn't realize that would mean 3 shrimp. Was a bit surprised. Was good but thought expensive. Service was slow and I imagine would be noisy had many more people been there. Very cute outside area.