“Worst Hotel Stay Ever”

Wilmington, NC
“Worst Hotel Stay Ever”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

1) Would not honor a wedding package rate
2) Room next to "pool & entertainment atrium" means loud, echoing pool & bar noises 24 hours, despite listed "quiet time"
3) Air conditioning leaks into room
4) Heavy mold in the air conditioning vents
All equals no sleep and sick after stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Coastbnd
LisaMalago, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have discussed all of your concerns with our staff and implemented solutions to address them. Thank you for providing your feedback. It helps us to find to problem solve as a team and provide better experiences for our guests.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
PA
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Average Holiday Inn, great for families with young children or teens.Game room, pool, indoor playground jungle gym and slide, looked like a table tennis/foosball type table in one corner, also a business center, lounge and restaurant. Rooms were very clean, no elevator. We "lucked out" and got a room on the first floor. Several restaurants and large shopping mall nearby. Takes about 1/2 hour from there to get to OhipPyle and Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob for anyone who is interested. (Just thought I would throw that in there.) Usually don't eat in restaurant hotels if it can be avoided, usually the food is not that great. This was no exception, but our son was sick so we opted to stay close by in the hotel that evening. However, I will say this, the French Onion Soup WAS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD ANYWHERE! Rooms over the weekend are overpriced. The major complaints I have are these three, and there are other hotel chains out there like this, not just the Holiday Inn. 1) When you have FOUR, count them, FOUR, people staying in a room, wouldn't logic dictate that you supply FOUR, again count them, FOUR, bath towels, wash rags and hand towels, as well as more than ONE SMALL bar of soap and ONE SMALL bottle of shampoo? And then, when you go to the desk the first night and politely request these extra items, wouldn't logic dictate "Hey these people want four sets of towels and more shampoo and soap because there are FOUR, count them, FOUR, people staying in this room!" Every day but our last day there, I had to make that request. 2) And again, I'm sorry, let ME TELL YOU, that I don't want my sheets changed every night if I want to go Green! I'm paying plenty for this room, and I want clean sheets every night. And last, 3) but certainly not least, especially for my husband. As cheap as a new coffeemaker is, don't you think hotels could spring for at LEAST a 4 cup coffeemaker for each room, not these little one shot, stick a styrofoam cup under the spigot coffee makers? Honestly! I know some people don't drink coffee in the mornings, but most do. And tea drinkers are only going to get one cup of tea at a time as well.
Now there was a nice little refrigerator in our room that worked very well!
I would skip their breakfasts, nothing to brag about, (I even had 3 days of $20. off breakfasts) and go up the street to Bob Evans. The room did not have enough lighting and we were in an inner hallway, both window and doors faced hallways. Pillows not as comfortable as a Hilton Garden, Hampton or Courtyard, but bed itself was very comfortable. But again, overall, very clean, polite staff, I would stay there again. No major complaints, just minor annoyances.
Oh, we didn't bring our pets, but they are pet friendly, don't know if size matters or not, because all I saw were a couple of smaller dogs in the indoor play area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. The information your provided has been communicated to our staff and corrections are being made. Receiving feedback such as yours assists us in improving service to our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the French Onion soup and have passed that along to our kitchen staff as well.

We look forward to your next visit, and if I can be of assistance to you, please give me a call.

Chicago
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We don't require a lot in a hotel, but cleanliness is a must. The public areas in the hotel weren't too bad, but the rooms and hallwaysthe were old, musty and dirty. Room service trays in the halls for hours (one of my pet peeves). Ended up here for a family gathering but would have preferred the Hampton Suites down the street.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your stay was not what you expected. We have addressed your concerns with our staff and appreciate your feedback. It helps us to improve our service to our valued guests. Please let me know if you are planning to return to the area. I will personally see that your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Lisa

Travelers are raving about these Uniontown hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2010

No elevators for a two-story building was the first negative. The smelly corridor laden with deodorizer was a good clue that an odor was being covered up. The first room I received had a bad air conditioner. So I called and asked for maintenance before going to the exercise room. It was long before I returned to my room account both tread machines were broken.

I should have known that something was wrong when I walked into the hotel to make a reservation and saw guest drinking a 12 pack of beer a few feet from the entrance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Sir:

We apologize that your visit at our hotel was not to your expectations. I contacted our maintenance department regarding the treadmill machines and they needed reset which we have taken care of. We do have some workers that stay with us and sometimes depending on the type of work they are doing, they will track dirt into our hallways. Thank you for your feedback, we will use it to make changes that will enhance our guests experience in the future.

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Wonderful, helpful, HONEST, personnel, great ammenities, clean, peaceful, conveniently located between the great business and vacation cities of Pittsburg, Morgantown and Cumberland. Lots of history in the area to visit. plenty of winter sports, college teams and pro sports to do and see. A great place to stay that is well staffed and affordable add in an excellent restraunt and bar and you ave all you could ask for in a hotel

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Our staff strives to meet the expectations of every guests and we are happy that we have exceeded yours.

Franklin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our ball team has stayed at the Holiday Inn, Uniontown for two years now while participating in a ball tournament in Uniontown. We have 11 10-year olds, plus younger siblings with us. What a wonderful hotel. Rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly and accomodating. The indoor pool is a wonderful addition, located right in the center of the hotel with plenty of rooms surrounding it with doors leading directly to it. What a plus when traveling with children. There is a very nice restaurant located inside the hotel, that is very affordable. Both years we have received a follow up phone call to make sure our stay was good. Can't say enough about the hotel. The adults and children both completely and thoroughly enjoy this hotel. We plan to return next year. Thanks for the good times. Kim

• Stayed July 2010
Kim:

Thanks so much for you feedback on our hotel. We very much enjoy having your team stay here.

I look forward to seeing them again in 2011! Please let me know when you are ready to prepare for your trip.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This was an awesome hotel and excellent staff that were willing to assist you in anyway. Good local shopping and I was able to find LOTS of bargains. There is a Walmart Superstore located near by but I even discovered a KMart Superstore. (It was cool but did not buy much)

Hotel room was large, lovely indoor pool, hot tub and play structure for young kids.

Great experience!!! We will be back.

Leanne in Canada

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank floydangel71
Leanne:

Thanks for your feedback in our hotel. We will look forward to your return to our beautiful area. If you need information on things to do in the area, please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak with the sales department. We will make sure you receive a free guide to the Laurel Highlands. We are full of historical and outdoor attractions, restaurants and unique shopping experiences.

We look forward to your next visit.

Lisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Comfort Suites Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Super 8 Uniontown PA
Super 8 Uniontown PA
#7 of 9 in Uniontown

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!