“Another great Holiday Inn”

Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was my 2nd stay @ this hotel, 1st was in June. I have nothing but the vey best to say. The whole place was very clean; the restaurant was really nice, pleasant staff. There is a large lounge which serves food as well. My Mother & I ate breakfast & dinner there each day (we were there for 4 days) and was very satisfied with all. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Kelly, at the front desk, was extremely helpful to me. I'd given the wrong credit card when checking in; she took the time to call my bank's main line, gave them my info & knew that they'd want to talk to me. It took at least 10 mins. and thru-out, Kelly remained very professional and made it seem as though it was no trouble at all. I greatly appreciated what she did. Kim, the housekeeper on "my" floor (first) is so friendly and helpful. I'd met her in June and was staying on the same floor (smoking). She remembered me and that I was from Conn. Amazing considering how many people she's seen since June. I can attest to the quality of her work-outstanding. When she cleans your room, it's as clean as can be. For those with children, there's a play area near the very nice indoor pool. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay. Oh yes, the beds & pillows were so-o-o comfortable-wish I had them at home!

Room Tip: For you smokers, it's one of the few that offers smoking rooms. Trust me, you wouldn't know...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Another example of the caring and friendly staff we have working at the Uniontown Holiday Inn. I have shared your great comments with the staff and can say you brought a smile to them as well. Please come and see us again soon:)

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Everything you would expect from Holiday Inn and more!
It may be an older building but very hard to tell from its condition. It is extremely well maintained!
All of your are well met in the room.
Very nice restaurant and lounge.
The staff… Awesome!
At the desk on the overnight is Ruth. She went above and beyond the call of duty!
Ruth and all the staff make you feel at home here and make you feel like your valued.
Cecily at the front... See her for a wonderful smile!

• Stayed: July 2013
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback made ME smile! I will be sure to share it with Cecily and Ruth at the front desk. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Plenty of nice things to say about this hotel. I would, however, like to compliment the front-desk staff. I realized, hours after checking out, that I had left a library book somewhere on site. The clerk who answered the phone was helpful. She not only looked for the book -- she found it and mailed it to my home address. It was waiting for me when I returned to Kansas! Above and beyond service. Thanks, Holiday Inn!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fromkansascity13

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. The staff will be happy to know your book made it home safely and so did you! Come back and see us soon :)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was back in Uniontown for work and stayed at the Holiday Inn. As always the staff here are always going out of their way to make your stay great. The bed is very comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located close to several restaurants. I will continue to stay at this hotel any time I am in Uniontown.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We want all of our guests to feel at home when they stay with us and we often get to know our repeat guests, their favorite room locations and other things that make them comfortable. We will be looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was working in Uniontown for almost 2 weeks and stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is clearly an older hotel and could certainly use some upgrades. The staff does well at keeping it clean, especially considering the number of oil workers making this hotel their home away from home. It is definitely a busy place.
The bed and room were clean and comfortable, with doors opening both onto the hallway and onto the Holidome area (pool, play area, game tables). The shower was good, lots of hot water. The room had sufficient lighting and I didn't have any problem finding outlets to power my electronics at night.
The food in the restaurant was very good, as were service and prices in the lounge.
Every staff member I dealt with while staying here was helpful and friendly. When I did have a minor maintenance issue, it was handled quickly and without issue.
The price was certainly not what I would call a bargain, but given how busy the hotels in the area are, it is not too surprising to find higher prices.
I would stay here again and would have no trouble recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments regarding your stay are greatly appreciated. The Uniontown Holiday Inn is one of the original Holidomes and has provided many, many guests with wonderful memories. We look forward to being refreshed in the future but as you noticed the staff works very hard to maintain a clean, inviting property and you won't find a friendlier staff anywhere. I will share your feedback with the rest of the staff and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

When you check into the Holiday Inn in Uniontown you wonder if maybe you should quickly check out. The hallways are long, dark, dated and clearly home to teams that are working in the fracking business. There is mud from work boots on the steps and through the halls. Washing machines in the hallways seem constantly in use by the long term guests. That being said, the rooms are a pleasant surprise. Updated, clean, comfortable with good mattresses and an assortment of pillows. Towels are thicker than you might expect in a budget hotel. The restaurant is nothing to stop in for and the bar is noisy. If you're traveling with children there's a very large pool and a lots of areas for playing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. At the Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center are make our guests' comfort our number one priority. One of my favorite features of the hotel is our snuggly beds with lots of pillows to build a perfect sleeping nest! As you noticed our area is very busy with oil and gas workers. Although the trucks may seem intimidating, they are some of the hardest working, friendly people you will meet. On your next visit please be sure to check out our new dinner menu.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

booked because it had a "roll-in " shower. arrived and it has a lip the size of the short side of your holiday inn priority club card. and a shower chair won't fit in it... got extra towels so we don't flood the place when i give my wife a shower tomorrow... half in the shower and half out. and the place is a nasty dump even if you get beyond the deceptive handicapper issues. dank, gray hallways that smell of cigarettes, many rooms face a corridor rather than a window... just should be leveled and start from scratch. cranky, unhelpful staff. and i don't normally trash a place. but this place is just awful... did i mention that the tv, anchored to a cabinet, can't be viewed from the love seat? get the wrecking ball....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RickGMichigan
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I understand from your review it was sent right after your arrival, so some of your concerns may have already been addressed during your stay. Just to be sure, there are a couple of concerns I can address for future stays. The shower in the handicapped room is equipped with it's own shower chair designed to fit the space. All rooms are furnished with new, flat screen TVs, that swivel on their frame for ease of viewing from all areas of the room. The Uniontown Holiday Inn and Conference Center is one of the brands original Holidomes. All sleeping rooms have windows that either face outside or overlook the inside courtyard area where our heated indoor pool is located, complete with handicap lifts. You don't say if you had a chance to swim during your stay but please keep it in mind for future visits. If I can answer any other concerns please call the hotel; our guest's comfort is our first priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#5 of 9 in Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!