“Not bad but not great”

Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

A classic Holiday Inn with a Holidome including pool and indoor playground. This ole inn is showing its age with outdated furniture and some wear around the edges.

As far as cleanliness, there was a water bottle and room brochures on the floor between the bed and night stand. The caulking in the tub had mildew stains in it. The Holidome area was dirty and the carpet was worn. The dresser the tv was on was so low, I could not see the tv over my feet lying in bed.

Overall I would say this place is average and a little over priced for the condition it is in.

• Stayed: September 2012
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. The Holiday Inn Holidome has always been a favorite feature of our guests. We have groups return year after year to take advantage of the entertainment options available for families in the courtyard/holidome area. Between the heated pool and whirlpool, ping pong tables and jungle Gym there is something to keep everyone busy!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel 4 times between late July and mid August (total of 13 nights). The good: The hotel is back away from the road so there is no road noise, housekeeping kept the rooms clean and the location was near the highway, close to restaurants, shopping mall and the city of Uniontown. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so I can offer no opinion there. The not so good: No elevator - if you have lots of luggage get ready to lug it up narrow stairways to the second floor. The hotel has been expanded so there are various ramps going to different levels on the second floor. The room signs are a little confusing that I had to ask housekeeping where my room was on 2 check ins. I had to recheck in for an additional night after checking out from a 3 night stay and requested my reservation (and the $ 113 rate) be extended for a night. The hotel was not crowded but the front desk claimed they had a limited number of rooms available and thus a charge of $ 162 per night. If it hadn't been very late, I would have left and gone to the Hampton about a block away for $ 129. The chairs around the pool area all seemed dirty and not cleaned for a long time. I wiped one off with napkins so I could sit and wait for housekeeping to finish my room. Having to wait for my room to be cleaned only happened once during all my nights stay so it wasn't a repeated issue. With the current rush to drill for natural gas in the area much of the parking lot was taken by large trucks from the drilling companies. The smoking area in front of the entrance was always crowded with a group of smokers and you are wading through a cloud of smoke to enter the hotel. Each room had a differing set of TV, microwave and mini fridge so it was always a new experience in getting settled in. The comfort of the king size beds also varied from room to room. I didn't get into the pool during any of my stays as most nights I returned after pool closing time. The pool had a really strong odor of chlorine even when I was sitting outside the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ontheroadbill
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad to hear you experinced a quiet stay. We have recently put brand new flat screen T.V.s in all our rooms, and as you noticed each sleeping room also has a mini fridge and microwave for the convenience of our guests. Because we only have two floors the hotel was not built with an elevator however, our front desk staff is always happy to request baggage assistance for any guest in need. Please don't hesitate to ask. The oil and gas industry is very active in our area and the crews are some of the friendliest people you will meet. Thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I hardly write negative reviews on TripAdvisor, but my recent stay at the Holiday Inn in Uniontown, PA was such amiss, I felt it necessary to review my experience in hopes that improvements will be made. We stayed at this Holiday Inn for three nights in July 2012 as part of a block of rooms reserved for a wedding. I have stayed at different Holiday Inn locations in the past, but this by far, was the most run-down, unprofessional location I have been to.

At first we took the hotel's slightly dusty atmosphere with a grain of salt; Uniontown isn't a big town, so we assumed things would feel a little bit sleepy. What we weren't prepared for however, was apathetic service in both the restaurant and front desk as well as lack of maintenance. There are several vending machines on the property and yet in three days, there wasn't a single place you could find a bottle of water. Rooms were clean, but were not worth the price tag we paid. I've been told that the hotel bar is a hangout for locals, which was lively (considering not much else was open), but the bar staff did have an attitude problem while we were there, despite the fact that we were there with a rather large wedding party. Considering our group had rented over 10 rooms including suites, we expected to be able to hang out in the hotel's courtyard (near the pool) where there are tables set up, but we were kicked out by security at 10p.m...we wouldn't have minded moving out group, but the way we were asked to leave was rather rude. The hotel restaurant offered a breakfast buffet, but we opted for plain bagels instead; food was overpriced, so I'd recommend hopping across the road over to other dining options. I don't plan on returning-- unless of course I have to be in Uniontown again and can't find anything else...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MissFranberry
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Feed back from our guests is always valuable and we listen to all of it with the intent of correcting any issues and applauding the contributions of our staff. Because our Courtyard is surrounded by sleeping rooms we do observe "Quiet" hours and ask groups to relocate to our Lounge area after 10:00PM on weekdays, and 11:00PM on weekends. It is the hotel's goal to treat each guest with respect and courtesy at all times. It is never our goal to have vending machines inoperative but it does happen, and when we are made aware of the situation the maintenace company is notified. Bottled water is kept in a refridgerator at the front desk for any guest requesting it. You did not mention if you had brought your concerns to the attention of the management on duty. You will find they care about our guests and will work to address any concerns you have to ensure your stay is great.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

OK, it was a last last last minute booking and yes we got the last last last room (smoking and poolside) but it was still terrible. The beds were fine for our kids but for two adults, it was a tight fit. The neighbours smoked and talked on their balcony until 2am and people were shouting as they walked through the pool area in the middle of the night. Not by any means a restful night sleep. The staff was nice though and breakfast was OK for $10/adult, kids eat free. But regardless, never again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Providing a restful stay is one of our top priorities at the Uniontown Holiday Inn. Because it is so important we observe "Quiet" hours for the Courtyard area. During the week the Courtyard closes at 10:00PM and on weekends at 11:00PM. Guests are allowed to move through the area but groups are asked to relocate to our lounge area so noise is kept at a minimum.
Pool side rooms are convenient to the courtyard and in great demand for people using that area. I understand this was our last room available so your only option. Generally speaking any of our rooms away from the pool area will be the quietest. I was glad to hear your experience with the staff was positive. They are a very friendly group of people and want you to have a great stay. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Uniontown.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

In days past this was a well kept hotel sadly that is gone. What remains is a place in desparate need of repair funds and a management team with the skills to run it. Used to enjoy staying here as the pool dome and grounds were well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Guest feedback is always appreciated. The Uniontown Holiday Inn has a long history in the area and it sounds as if you have been one of our repeat guests coming back to enjoy the courtyard with it's pool and other entertainments. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Took 30 minutes to check in only to find out the room we booked through Holiday Inn was not what we received. We booked a King, got two doubles.Breakfast in their restaurant - another 20 minutes to get seated, not because they were booked but because EVERY table was dirty. We ate our breakfast surrounded by those table even 45 minutes later. Also, one staff member was fixing and playing with her hair in the restaurant. We will never stay here again. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

Room Tip: Booked at another hotel....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MereDeid
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sure it was frustrating at the end of a long trip to find a line at check in. We have the front desk fully staffed at 3:00 each day to limit the wait but sometimes multiple guests arrive at the same time. I'm sorry we weren't able to provide the king bed requested. We do make every effort to honor all room type requests. However, the hotel has more rooms with 2 double beds than kings so sometimes adjustments have to be made. It has been our pleasure to be
very busy in the summer months. I have addressed your dining room concerns with the Food and Beverage Manager. We are always striving to improve the service we provide our guests and your feedback is very much appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Walking into the Hotel lobby, I was very pleased. Seemed clean and well kept. Walking into my room... wandering if I was still in the same hotel... somehow I downgraded to a "rent by the hour" when I stepped from the hallway to the room. The whole room just felt damp. The bathroom was NOT clean!!! pubic hair everywhere, I mean everywhere. later on we discovered ants and CLUMPS of soap scum in and around the very tiny shower. When housekeeping was addressed about these issues, one of the responses I recieved was "you can't expect these girls to clean every room!!!" I almost fell over at that statement!!!
The amenities in the "open" pool area are very nice, but again NOT clean!!! Poorly maintained!! Just plain old dirty!!! Its a shame because this Hotel has the potential to be a really great fun place for family events but the feeling of just ickyness is enough not to bring us back through the doors:((

Room Tip: get poolside so you can open the doors to air the room out if you must stay here. and lysol! bring t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Micheale A
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I’m sorry to hear your experience was so disappointing. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff
Work hard to maintain the property at the highest level of cleanliness and functionality. I have
shared your concerns with our Housekeeping manager who is investigating your room experience.
If you would like to share any additional information please give me a call at the hotel. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#5 of 9 in Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!