“Good location and facilities, but expensive food”

Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed August 10, 2012

An overall solid hotel. I'd definitely stay here again, if I were in the area. I was disappointed that there was no free breakfast, especially since the menu at the hotel bar/restaurant is horrifically expensive and overpriced.

The hotel has nice indoor facilities - a pool, pool table, table tennis, and air hockey (though, the air hockey was out of order during out stay). There's also a large children's play area with a soft, rubberized surface. The fitness room leaves a bit to be desired, as it's only a few treadmills and an exercise bike. The rest of the hotel is large and well laid out, so the weak fitness room is a bit jarring.

The front desk greeted us a bit suspiciously, even with a reservation. I found that a bit odd, but easily forgettable, as the rest of the hotel experience was pleasant.

The room was a good size, comfortable bed, clean, with an air conditioner which easily cooled the room. The bathroom was a bit tight, but the shower worked well and was warm.

There's not much in Uniontown, but the hotel offers easy access to dining, shopping, and the highway. If you have to stay in the area, this is a good option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Redleg_Runner
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

I have to say the indoor recreation area is one of our guest's favorite things about Uniontown Holiday Inn! Having so many options for entertainment without leaving the property is especially valuable to families. As a full service hotel we provide a restaurant where our guests can order their favorite breakfast choices. We looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a terrible place. We booked our reservation for August in June for a king bed, non smoking room.. The room was guaranteed by Credit Card. When we arrived at 11:30 at night, we were greeted by a very unprofessional looking twenty year old with a t-shirt and jeans on and assorted tatoos. After waiting for about 20 minutes, he gave us the key to our room. When we entered the room, it was a double bed smoking room that wreaked of cigarette smoke. When we went back to the lobby, he took another 20 minutes, after speaking to his manager, to tell us that they would spray the room but had no other rooms available. When I showed him my reservation, he left again for another 30 minutes. Needless to say, the outcome was not pretty. The manager found us some rooms at another motel. We didn't get to bed until 2:30.

The manager admitted that they overbooked, giving our reservation away and that the guarantee was no guarantee. I had never had this happen before with a Holiday Inn. Obviously, this one is poorly managed.

Don't stay here.

Annette Lapas,
Kinston, NC

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Annette L
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

It sounds as if you had a long day of travel to arrive at the hotel at 11:30pm. Most of us would like nothing more than to fall into a comfortable bed right after check in when arriving that late. I was happy to hear we did in fact have a room for you. I understand you had requested a non smoking room when your reservation was made. We do make every effort to place guests into the room type requested, but cannot guarantee it will be available when you arrive. For example: If all smoking rooms are occupied the day before your arrival and they extend their stay past your arrival date, we won't have an empty non smoking room available when you check in. I was also very happy to hear the Manager on Duty was able to locate a non smoking room for you at another hotel. Ensuring the comfort of our guests is our number one priority.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This holidome HI is just hanging on. Bar/Restaurant management is shaky at best. During the week there are dozens of gas field workers staying at this hotel... to the complete surprize of the restaurant/bar mgmt .. 1 bartender, 1 waitress and 1 cook was the only scheduled staff! 45 minutes for nachos prepared with tostitos and cheese whiz. Lucky to get one drink in an hour. They had alteady run out of hamburgers on a Tuesday night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Erik N
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay. As you noted we stay very busy in the summer months, especially with the marcellus shale business in the area. Many of those guests do work night shifts, so generally, we are not exceptionally busy in our lounge and dining room on a Tuesday night. Apparently, the night you were with us was an exception to the rule. We make every effort to ensure enough staff is schedule to provide our guests with excellent customer service, but business is not always predictable. I hope we will have a chance to see you again in the future. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I really thought I got a deal on a good hotel when I booked this place. We got our room for a fee of $99.00 a night. With the reviews I saw on here I was expecting a lot better than we got. The hotel is older and our room was a bit out of date and need of a remodel. It didn't look very clean. Especially the bathroom. The layout of the hotel is odd, and if you are a non smoker like us the hotel stinks of smoke. The outside smoker has a good time right at the entrance to the hotel there are many receptacles to deposit cigarette butts in. They actually line both sides of the entrance 6 if I am not mistaken, so you walk through smoke when there are a lot of smokers outside. Why they don't divide one side of the hotel as smoking and the other as non smoking I will never know. We had over half the hallway on our wing smokers and the rest non smoking the hallway was always full of smoke and at times would come into our room. The side entrance to the west also has a problem with its latch allowing access to anyone to the hotel. No need for a key card there. Our room was not great. We found ants in the sheets on the walls and in the bathroom. The air-conditioner also had problems and did not allow things to cool down enough. I can't imagine if it was pulling air from the outside instead of the interior lobby part of the hotel. The bathroom was incredibly small. You could not get in to the tub without shutting the door to the bathroom, not a problem when you are showering but when you want to get in to get your things from the shower you had to shut the door and to dry off you literally did not have enough room to do that. You could not sit on the toilet without the door opening and hitting you. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. There was a nasty ugly vent in the wall what for I have no idea since there was no switch for a fan. I could touch the wall and reach out of the bathroom with my other that is how small the bathroom is. Terrible! Breakfast is not included but if you want to pay $10 more they will include breakfast.

The only good thing about this hotel was the indoor playground, swimming pool and hot tub. The staff was friendly but when I asked to switch rooms it seemed like an impossibility.

Room Tip: I'd avoid this and pay for the Hampton just down the road, that will be my choice next time.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Michael P
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad you enjoyed the recreation opportunities in our Indoor Courtyard during your recent stay. The indoor pool, jungle gym and ping pong are consistent favorites with our guests. You also had a couple of concerns about your stay. Many hotels are now 100% non smoking. In an effort to provide a comfortable stay for all of our guests we have smoking and non smoking rooms available. Smoking is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel at all, so people will step outside to make use of the cigarette recepticles provided there. You may not have noticed the beauty shop located just inside one of the entrances. During it's open hours the entrance door allows access to the shop for it's local clients. As the only full service hotel in the area we are able to offer the option of ordering off a full menu each day for breakfast and dinner and the option for adults to enjoy a drink in our lounge. Weekends are always busy for us, especially during the summer months. As always, guest satisfaction is our number one priority! Please feel free to call at any time to share feedback on your stay.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our family had 3 rooms and all were quite nice. Children enjoyed the pool, table tennis, pool table, and the playground. Ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good and the younger kids ate free. If ever in the area again, would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Over the years I have personally traveled a great deal with my kids. Nothing can make or break a trip faster than unhappy kids! At the Uniontown Holiday Inn, we are proud of the variety of child friendly entertainments in our Indoor Courtyard area. Between the heated indoor pool, ping pong, air hockey and the jungle gym there is always something to do. For our summer months we have added an area to play boardgames on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm especially happy to hear your you had a great experience in our dining room. We have a new Chef at the hotel and I will share your input with him. We're looking forward to your next stay with us!
Vicky Sheetz
Director of Sales

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My friend and I came and stayed twice last year while my friend went to visit her boyfriend. It was great that I could enjoy the pool and just relax. I believe it was Kim & Kelly at the front desk and they were so awesome. The room was by the pool and although you could hear some noise in the evening from the pool area, we didn't have any problems sleeping. The breakfast in the restaurant was pretty good too. The beds were comfortable. We are going to come again in August. Hopefully we can see Kim & Kelly at the front desk as they always make us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie V
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

If there is one thing I hear over and over again it's "you have such a friendly staff!" Both Kim and Kelly have been with the hotel for some time and are a perfect example of this. We'll look forward to seeing again in August!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is an older hotel however it is not showing its age and the staff has done a great job maintaining it. The rooms are very clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms have older TV’s but the front desk said that the rooms would be receiving flat screens soon, which will be a great addition. Uniontown is very scenic and has a small mall and a few restaurants located within a short distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rjervin
Vicky S, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Let me just begin by saying, the Flat Screens are here! It sounds as if you just missed them but on your next stay with us you will be able to enjoy watching television on a brand new, 32 inch flat screen. The installation is actually happening right now and HD programming is on the way! The community is also adding some new business so when you return your shopping experiences will be enhanced too. Please let me know when you are returning. I would appreciate your feed back on the new televisions.

Vicky Sheetz
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#5 of 9 in Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown? Share your experiences!