“potential, but not there yet”

Generations a restaurant
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Uniontown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Description: Generations is a family-operated Italian American restaurant, located at 5 Corners in a beautifully restored turn of the century, historic victorian home in Uniontown, PA. We are a full-service restaurant with intimate dining rooms seating 60 patrons, featuring authentic Italian food in a casual atmosphere. We also have a full-service bar, including beer and liquor, with wine available, as well as event rooms for all your special events, with a seating capacity of 60. Our generous portions of entrees are made from family recipes handed down from generation to generation and all prepared from scratch. Our menu includes appetizers, homemade soups, crisp fresh salads, homemade pasta dishes, prime cuts of veal and steaks, seafood, and delicious pasta dishes. Reservations are appreciated but not required, come on in and be part of the family!
Novato, California
“potential, but not there yet”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ate outside on the porch. There was a little traffic noise but it was a pleasant place to have dinner on a warm summer evening.

The menu is interesting, the staff is friendly. The restaurant has potential. However, the food was disappointing (except for an exceptional dessert). The salad suffered from greens that were not the best; fewer ingredients ad higher quality greens would improve the salad. The snap peas were overcooked. The tuna was a good cut, but a bit underdone (I hesitate to complain about underdone tuna considering how some restaurants overcook it). My chicken was OK, but the apricot sauce seemed more like apricot jam.

The meringue pie was wonderful.

As a tourist passing through I cannot say how this restaurant compares with the alternatives in Uniontown.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank N0dell

Wheeling, West Virginia
“Delicious dinner, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I arrived at Generations in Uniontown because Titlow's Tavern was a: too crowded, b: too noisy, c: too smoky. Absolutely our gain!

We had one of the best meals we've had the pleasure of eating at a restaurant! It is an older, though lovely, home. Elegant atmosphere without being too stuffy. Somewhat limited menu, but the food was out of this world delicious. My husband had the chicken parm, and I tasted. One of the best I've (and he's) ever had. I had the special...halibut with a garlic lime butter sauce, and the new potatoes were soooooo yummy! Excellent wait staff, very attentive without being over the top, and the owner came to visit our table during dinner. Very personable!

Will definitely have dinner there again, if I ever find myself in Uniontown again.

• Visited October 2013