“You will not find a better meal in town”
Review of Nguyen Seafood and Steakhouse - CLOSED

Nguyen Seafood and Steakhouse
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Kevin and Sung put their heart and soul into your mouth. Point blank. I've eaten here well over a hundred times. Why do I go back? Constistant, cleaniness, service, hospitality and did I mention the food yet? You will not go wrong. BYOB and their staff will chill, open and serve it to you. Hands down, not one of the best. They are the best!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank gci32

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Nguyen is an intimate setting to enjoy an asian inspired meal. My husband & I have been to nguyen 3 times. I enjoy "sweet singapore" and my husband prefers "pad thai". The nguyen version of pad thai is not traditional -but delicious! Sweet Singapore is a sweet and tangy dish which some might say reminds them of sweet and sour chicken-- but much better. Entrees are served with soup & salad. The ginger salad dressing is delicious. Each meal also comes with 2 firecracker shrimp & a dipping sauce which make the plate presentation more colorful. We are not sushi lovers but Nguyen's Sushi seems to be very popular. Desserts are "fried ice cream" inspired and served with dramatic presentation worthy of picture taking. We have experienced great service and poor service on different occassions but are always greeted by the host/hostess and sushi chef with friendly smiles and welcoming words.

1  Thank kitkat_135
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited Nguyen Seafood and Steakhouse on a Saturday evening. They had a nice crowd and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Sushi was being prepared nearby, and it seemed to be a popular menu item. The crowd consisted of not only those over 40, but also a younger age group seemed to enjoy the restaurant as well. I liked the simple onion soup that came with my meal, since it was not overly salted. The salad was good and was served with 2 delicious shrimp
called firecracker shrimp. My entree was Singapore Rice Noodles which included a choice of chicken or shrimp which were stir fried with longevity noodles, assorted vegetables and eggs in a light curry sauce topped with basil and cilantro. It was a lot of food, and I took half of mine home. I enjoyed all of the flavors in the item. There were many menu items from which to choose including steaks, chicken, seafood, vegetarian, and noodles. I would recommend Nguyen Seafood and Steakhouse.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were in Uniontown for a 1 night stay for a performance at the State Theater. This place got rave reviews on Tripadvisor, so we made a reservation for dinner.

The staff are very friendly and enthusiastic.

But also woefully unprepared and thus a near disaster at actually busing tables, taking orders, etc.

Hard to get mad at them though -- all sweet kids who are clearly trying as hard as they can.

So to the food.

We love Vietnamese food.

There was almost none of it here.

The vermicelli-barbecue meat- spring roll entree was really the only Vietnamese food.

Too bad.

They try to do sushi, and kind of a pan-asian meets bad steakhouse thing. I got the lobster and shrimp. Mistake. The lobster tail was tiny and smothered in a vat of a sauce that tasted like a mix of heavy cream and 1000 island dressing.

Yeah, I know.

2 of 3 of us ended up being fairly violently sick within an hour after eating -- the system just utterly rejected the food.

I feel bad about this review. The staff were nice kids who were trying as best as they could. That can excuse the service. But not the violent stomach spasms we had about 30-45 minutes after finishing our meals.....that suggests that the kitchen suffers from some basic incompetence as well.

Sorry, folks. But we have to report it as we experienced it.

1  Thank JolietJakeBlues
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The restaurant sits in a small strip mall a few blocks from the center the city. Three of us stopped for lunch on a Monday. They have a large selection of various asian dishes which include lunch specials. We had 3 different entres along with 2 different soups and 2 different appetisers. All were well made, flavorful and attractively presented. Each item had its own distictive flavor and the blend of spices and other ingredients was well done. My noodles were cooked just right and the sauces which accompanied the different courses worked well though maybe could use a bit more strength in seasoning. If we lived nearer we would be regulars.