“We had a nice stay”

Super 8 Uniontown PA
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
“We had a nice stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We needed a hotel in Uniontown to visit friends and didn't mind staying at the Super8 there. It was clean and the hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Also, their breakfast is very good and coffee & tea in the TV area are always available.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Always on the road
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Ive stayed at this place numerous times, and have never had any problems. The rooms were always clean and the front desk friendly and helpful. $70 a night is a bit expensive for a Super 8, but Ive stayed in ALOT of super 8s over the years and this one is one of the best. Any of the other big chain hotels in the area are going to run you well over 100 bucks.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank VonScotty
New York
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I read some of the reviews and was hesitant to stay here. I grew up in the area and was visiting family. I called several family members and asked about any potential dangers of staying at the hotel. If there was something going on, they would now! We stayed at the hotel 2 nights. It was clean and quiet. Breakfast was simple (cereal, oatmeal, or you can make a waffle). PA allows smoking in public buildings. I did not smell any smoke in the hotel.

MY ONLY PROBLEM...when heading out the next day after arrival, one of the cleaning ladies asked if we were checking out. I told her no. She then asked if we needed anything. I said no - thinking that she would simply clean the room, exchange towels, empyt trash and be done. Well...when we got back later that night. The room was untouched. No clean towels. Trash was not emptied. She never went into the room. If I stayed again, I know how to answer that question...

Stayed March 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed December 23, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town on business. Hotel was clean and modern. Good location with plenty of nearby food options. I usually stay at Holiday Inns, but decided to try this as I've heard bad things about the H. I. across the street. I didn't have any problems with noise/drug dealers. Maybe it's a different story on the weekends.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank Robert7350
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2007

I was on a business trip and spent one night in this hotel in a king room. The room was roomy and clean, the furniture including the bed comfortable, the microwave and minifridge a nice surprise, and the TV channel selection good.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous at check-in. Upon check-out the staff person was slow---making me wait while she finished sweeping the floor---and less than stellar in her friendliness.

Wireless Internet connection worked well as promised.

• Liked — cleanliness, roominess, newer furnishings
  • Disliked — clerk making me wait at check-out while she slowly finished sweeping floor
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TIMGRAVES
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Reviewed August 15, 2007

While we never experienced anything that could be construed as drug dealing, the hotel was still not very good. We booked the hotel through triprewards.com where nothing was said about needing to be 21 years of age or older for this particular hotel. When we arrived here (after 8 hours of traveling) they were reluctant to have two 20 year old adults staying in their hotel. They did, however, allow us to stay. The continental breakfast was lacking and the staff is not exceptionally friendly. I would go with something else in the future.

• Liked — Relatively close to Ohiopyle State Park
  • Disliked — The fact that our floor was half smoking, half nonsmoking, making the whole thing smell like smoke.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Park Inn by Radisson Uniontown
Fairfield Inn Uniontown
Fairfield Inn Uniontown
#5 of 9 in Uniontown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills

Been to Super 8 Uniontown PA? Share your experiences!