“I hate Italian restaurants ~ THIS ONE IS THE BEST!!”

Caporella's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Uniontown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Caporella's is a family-operated Italian restaurant, located in Grindle Station, a beautifully restored train station in Uniontown, PA. We are a full-service restaurant with a seating capacity of 120, serving lunch and dinner, and featuring authentic Italian food in a casual atmosphere. We also have a full-service bar, including beer and liquor, with an extensive wine list, as well as event rooms for all your special events, with a seating capacity of 120. We take pride in serving generous portions of Italian food, made from family recipes handed down from generation to generation. Our menu inludes an extnsive appetizer list, homemade soups, specialty salads, homemade pasta dishes, veal, steaks, seafood, handmade pizzas, sandwiches, and a wide assortment of desserts, cappuccinos, espressos, and after-dinner drinks. Reservations are recommended on weekends. We are closed on Mondays and open at 11:00 AM on all other days.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am always very cautious about Italian restaurants. When your first experience was a mom & pop place in Atlantic City. Nothing can compare. That is why I hate Olive Garden. This place surpassed my expectation.

Make a Reservation ~ Fills up fast after 5.
Menu ~ Great variety
Wait staff ~ Awesome
Very accommodating in adding a Marsala sauce to my pork chops. (not on the menu)

I love a restaurant that can flexible in making my food.

I will definitely go again.

1  Thank Melissa K
There are newer reviews for Caporella's Italian Ristorante

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had visited Caporella's 'original' restaurant several years ago and had a very good meal, so when returning to the area we decided to give the 'new' location a try and we are so glad that we did ... the food was excellent and the service was outstanding! The renovated train station atmosphere is delightful. We'd made a reservation for 7 PM, but having traveled that day ... and arriving hungry & earlier than anticipated ... we called to see if they could accommodate us earlier. Janel could not have been more helpful. She offered an earlier seating and was cheerful and personable as we were seated promptly at 6 PM. Our meals were terrific, from our appetizer of fried calamari through our dessert of cannoli! Our main course meals (secondi paitti) were equally good ... steak, veal, with sides of scrumptious pasta. You must not miss the dipping oil for the crusty bread, it is seasoned perfectly! It was so good that we purchased a quart to bring home! Our server, Michele was efficient, knowledgeable and pleasant. Despite the packed restaurant, she never missed a beat. We spent the following day traveling throughout the area and when it came time for a late afternoon meal can you guess where we chose to dine? Of course, why not try the sandwiches that we'd read about on the menu. We were not disappointed! The baked Ciabatta sandwiches were mouth-watering with roasted veggies & tasty meats combined with oil or pesto, and big enough to have leftovers for later. When visiting the Laurel Highlands this restaurant is a must ... don't miss it!

1  Thank 2_ToGo_PA
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great service by TONY will keep us coming back. Great food, atmosphere, clean and ample parking! This resturant should have franchises in the Beaver County area. Kudos to Fayette County on this fine Italian resturant.

1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I came in from out of town, my mom treated me to dinner here. The food was great but the service from TONY was above and beyond. This waiter should be rewarded. I have worked in the hospitality business for 12 + years and this by far was the best! He took the time to explain everything we ask of him on the menu and more. There needs to be more waiters like TONY.

KUDOS to the FOOD and TONY!

Looking forward to coming back here and have him as our waiter again.

2  Thank FAIRFIELD16066
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Quite expensive, and the food was average. Worst meatballs i ever ate and im Italian, will i go back? No