“pretty great hotel for the price!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Uniontown
Hopwood Motel of Uniontown
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were just in town for the night as I had an interview nearby at the Nemacolin Resort, so we didn't need much but a bed to sleep in. I am always a little nervous about staying at little no name motels, so have to admit we were a little anxious leading up to getting there. The man who checked us in was nothing but friendly and helpful. We had an issue getting to the hotel, the gps took us to the other side of town, so he asked to see what my gps said and was trying to find the issue. he also took note that it was me and my mom and asked if we wanted a room with two beds instead of one.

The actual room was actually pretty nice! Definitely a step back in time, but I really don't have many complaints. Clean, cozy, didn't smell musty or bad of any sorts. Bed were decently comfortable. The one had cigarette burns in the comforter, but not major. Bathroom was quite small, but was manageable.

Didn't like the outlets, all of them were completely full and overflowing with attachments so i had to disconnect one of the lamps just to charge my cell phone.
The fridge had a really bad sour smell. But other than those two things, I definitely didn't mind staying here for the night. If i was in town for just a night again I would def go her, but any longer than that I think I'd just spring for the Holiday Inn.

Overall, not the typical motel stigma, pleasant to stay at, staff great and def a value for the money we paid! I'd def recommend it if you just need a place to stay while passing through.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kelly M
There are newer reviews for Hopwood Motel of Uniontown

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice decent hotel. Clean rooms. It is an older hotel but the rooms are clean and the staff is great! Priced very well. We would definitely stay here again. You can't beat the price for this hotel. Best rate we have found.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Kelly0508
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My only complaint was the odor from the air conditioning unit. It needed to be cleaned, filter changed.

Very clean, furnishings outdated but comfortable. Should provide additional bed pillows. Price is very affordable, best in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valsay
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in room 26 on the end.

The Good: The price is right for an overnight stay if you are going to Fallingwater which is nearby. The room was outdated and worn, but clean. Lots of hot water and good water pressure. Nice plastic adirondack chairs in a grassy area overlooking the road.

The Bad: The mattress was very soft. Bring your own pillows because the ones provided are flimsy. The A/C was loud and caused the room to smell like "dirty socks" - a problem caused by mold on the a/c coils. The tub filled with water during the shower because it drained so slowly. We locked the deadbolt and my husband had a difficult time unlocking it - from the inside! It was past 9:00 pm and the office had closed. We thought we were going to have to call the emergency number for assistance. However, he got the lock opened after about 5 minutes. This was reported to the manager the next morning and she said she would have it fixed. We noticed an unusual "safety feature" that had been added to the door. There was a plastic coated cable looped and attached to the doorframe on the inside of the room. The loop fit over the doorknob to act as a safety so nobody could come into the room. Perhaps this was to take the place of the "sticky" deadbolt? There was no iron or ironing board in the room. I asked the clerk on duty for an ironing board the evening that we arrived. He searched for one, but said he could not find it. The towels and washcloths were very thin.

Overall: Both my husband and I had difficulty sleeping due to the mattress, loud a/c and the smell. Something in the room caused both of us to have issues with our sinuses. We would not stay here again - even if it meant driving further for the Fallingwater tour.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaGypsy
Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you need a place to (just) sleep & shower, the Hopwood Motel is the place to stay. Shelley & Brenda are very friendly & accommodating. The motel is basically a 'no frills' motel for a very low price but the rooms & bath are exceptionally clean & offers a mini-fridge & microwave in each room. They do offer coffee which is found just outside the office. I'd like to see that the coffee is (more) available during the day & into the evening which is my only complaint. The rooms fill up very quickly. I've stayed at the Hopwood Motel twice and I have made reservations for my next visit to the Uniontown area. I have not been disappointed staying at this 'basic needs' motel. There is also a restaurant within walking distance (The Sun Porch) which offers a large, delicious buffet or one may order for the menu for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank marty067
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This was our last stop on our trip. The worst part, for my husband, is there was no coffee in the morning. Apparantely, there is a coffe maker outside the office, but coffee had not been made when he got to it. The room was very nice and clean with a shower that was fabulous. Great water pressure. I really enjoy staying at locally owned places.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Judi H
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We chose the Hopwood for price and proximity to Faling Water, and were very satisfied with the choice. The room was basic, but very comfortable and also large. We really like the fact that it was not a chain, and instead of a flashy lobby, the Hopwood had Adirondak chairs on a grassy hillside under shady trees. Note that there is coffee outside the office in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank KEM52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Uniontown
Historic Summit Inn
Historic Summit Inn
#2 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Hopwood Motel of Uniontown? Share your experiences!