“Very average - nothing wrong with it, just pretty average”

Fairfield Inn Uniontown
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Virginia
“Very average - nothing wrong with it, just pretty average”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed on the way to D.C. We can use the government rate, so the rate wasn't an issue at all.

When we hit the room, someone had obviously been smoking. The hotel is nonsmoking, so you really can't fault them for that... except that it was pretty obvious. The person at the desk was friendly and switched rooms. It took a little while and she couldn't give us a 1-bed room since there was no way to use the gov't rate on a 1-bed room. If this is true, they need something in the computer that would let them override or something.

Maybe it's a Fairfield thing, but no automatic doors was interesting - it can be tough to pull a door open and pull luggage.

The wifi worked great. The rooms were fine. They had a small fridge (good!) flatscreen tv (also good). The beds were very soft - great for me, not as great for my wife. Breakfast was very average - the area was pretty small but didn't pose a problem. The staff was friendly.

Would we stay here again? Sure, but I'd probably try a different place if the rates were the same.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sheri C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am so glad that you found my staff friendly, and that you enjoyed having a fridge in your room and also the updated TV. It was so nice of you to take the time to post this review. I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sheri Caggiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
pittsburgh
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was coming through the area for a meeting in PIttsburgh the next day. I arrived very early and I believe the manager was the one who checked me in. I am a manager at a hotel, but my chain is not around the area, so I resorted to being that cheap guy who uses Priceline. Their regular price is really not bad, though. This is one of those second generation Fairfields that were built in the mid 90's. The renovations were last done in the early 2000's, but they took great care of the facility. It is never the management to blame for issues of the hotel and updates, rather the franchisee. The room was very comfortable. Everything was clean. The pool and hot tub were not too bad either. This is a safe bet in the area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gburn07
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at our property. I always appreciate feedback from others in the hotel industry. Thank you for staying with us, and also taking the time to post this review.
Sincerely, Sheri Caggiano
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Every time I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn I've been impressed with the warmth and helpfulness of the staff. On one trip I made there - upon my arrival - I was not feeling well due to blood-sugar problems and the desk staff quickly helped out by bringing me some yogurt and a banana. They truly made me feel like assisting me was a priority. The rooms are nicely decorated (as well as the lobby and breakfast area) and the bedding is always clean and comfortable. I recently visiting there during the Christmas holiday and the lobby was cozy and charming with a tree and tasteful decor. I will only stay at the Fairfield Inn when visiting Uniontown -- it's easily the best bet in town!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sheri C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!
Sheri Caggiano
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nicely located between Morgantown, WVA and The Great Allegheny Passage for a fun weekend. Convenient room for free breakfast in the morning, with t.v.'s and newspapers. Room was good for the price. Looked like the pool and hot tub were well maintained although we had not brought suits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheri C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Uniontown, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your weekend, and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again sometime in the future! Respectfully yours, Sheri Caggiano
Mobile, Ala.
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Uniontown, PA. And a lot has changed for the good.

Back then, the hallways and rooms were getting run down. It was also apparent the carpets and the bathroom fixtures needed to be replaced.

When I stayed there in September, 2012, it was clear the carpets were new and the bathrooms had been spruced up.

The breakfast area is still too small, but overall it is once again a pleasant place to spend a few days.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel five years ago, and really not much has changed, although you can see it's getting older and could use a layer of fresh paint here and there. The staff was friendly and very helpful. we arrived late and called ahead to make sure everything was ready for us, so the check-in took literally less than a minute. The room was clean. The shampoo and conditioner are Pantene, so I was glad I brought my own. Pool was nice and clean, but there is no fitness room. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. Waffles were ok, not rubbery, but not your gourmet kind, however I never expect much from a complimentary hotel breakfast. A good hotel, solid two stars. The only thing I did not like was the price - $140+ for a room. Someone explained that it is because of influx of oil and gas people who drill in the area. But a motel in Ohiopyle costs $110 for two people, so $140 for 5 people in Marriott seems cheap in comparison.
Jeff recommended a pizza delivery, and the pizza was really good (try seafood, yum!). There is a mall with Panera Bread and a couple of other restaurants nearby. Avoid the Chinese buffet right next to the hotel - the people who cook there don't know what Chinese food is.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were going to Fallingwater and Uniontown was the closest place to stay. The Fairfield Inn was fine. We booked in advance and Marriott has a good senior discount (62 years old+). Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet when we were there. The breakfast is included and was standard.There were healthy choices such as cereal, skim milk and fruit. The staff helped us find a casual gastropub type place for dinner (in the mall). The pool looked very clean.
I always get an email and take a print out of our reservations so I've never had a problem about rates.

Overall I think Fairfield Inns are a step above most moderate hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Historic Summit Inn
Historic Summit Inn
#2 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Fairfield Inn Uniontown? Share your experiences!