“Friendly functional hotel conveniently located”

Fairfield Inn Uniontown
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Uniontown
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nicely located between Morgantown, WVA and The Great Allegheny Passage for a fun weekend. Convenient room for free breakfast in the morning, with t.v.'s and newspapers. Room was good for the price. Looked like the pool and hot tub were well maintained although we had not brought suits.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheri C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Uniontown, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your weekend, and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We hope to see you again sometime in the future! Respectfully yours, Sheri Caggiano

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Uniontown

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Uniontown, PA. And a lot has changed for the good.

Back then, the hallways and rooms were getting run down. It was also apparent the carpets and the bathroom fixtures needed to be replaced.

When I stayed there in September, 2012, it was clear the carpets were new and the bathrooms had been spruced up.

The breakfast area is still too small, but overall it is once again a pleasant place to spend a few days.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel five years ago, and really not much has changed, although you can see it's getting older and could use a layer of fresh paint here and there. The staff was friendly and very helpful. we arrived late and called ahead to make sure everything was ready for us, so the check-in took literally less than a minute. The room was clean. The shampoo and conditioner are Pantene, so I was glad I brought my own. Pool was nice and clean, but there is no fitness room. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. Waffles were ok, not rubbery, but not your gourmet kind, however I never expect much from a complimentary hotel breakfast. A good hotel, solid two stars. The only thing I did not like was the price - $140+ for a room. Someone explained that it is because of influx of oil and gas people who drill in the area. But a motel in Ohiopyle costs $110 for two people, so $140 for 5 people in Marriott seems cheap in comparison.
Jeff recommended a pizza delivery, and the pizza was really good (try seafood, yum!). There is a mall with Panera Bread and a couple of other restaurants nearby. Avoid the Chinese buffet right next to the hotel - the people who cook there don't know what Chinese food is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were going to Fallingwater and Uniontown was the closest place to stay. The Fairfield Inn was fine. We booked in advance and Marriott has a good senior discount (62 years old+). Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet when we were there. The breakfast is included and was standard.There were healthy choices such as cereal, skim milk and fruit. The staff helped us find a casual gastropub type place for dinner (in the mall). The pool looked very clean.
I always get an email and take a print out of our reservations so I've never had a problem about rates.

Overall I think Fairfield Inns are a step above most moderate hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had booked 2 nights at the Fairfield Uniontown- our son is at WVU & we were traveling to WV for labor day weekend & Marshall game. Hotel rooms in Morgantown were hard to find and very expensive if available. Uniontown is about 20 mins North and right off the highway so it seemed like a nice alternative. I am a Marriott Silver member so I stay almost exclusively in Marriott properties so I think I can make a fair assessment of this hotel. Our room was ready early arrving on property around 2pm and the girl at the front desk was very friendly. First isue was the key card did not work so I had to return to the front desk wih luggage in tow to get room keys fixed. Second issue was musty smell in hallway, not to mention rugs that had seen much wear and walls that needed fresh paint. Our room was not much better, carpet was past its useful life for a Fairfield Hotel at this price point. Facilities had touched up many areas of the walls in the room but not done a very good job, Carpet was damp, not sure if they had been shampooed earlier or not. We freshened up and left the hotel for WVU campus. Returning at 11pm, we found the room damp along with the bedding, Given the late hour and full parking lot, I did not see any hope of changing rooms. I was able to find availabliity in Morgantown so we cancelled our Sunday night stay and we left. I filled out a comment card and left for the hotel Manager, detailing my disappointment with the condition of our room and the hotel in general. The price point of this hotel is much too high for those travelers that have come to know and trust Fairfield properties.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank turnes
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had an offer experience at this property. Errors and info omissions when employee booked reservations. Now at check-in, price doubled. Not the way to conduct business. General manager Sheri Caggiano refused to speak with me to address issue. Marriott customer care was not helpful... just more frustration. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this dump!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vladimir791
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here while at a family reunion weekend. Our cousins stayed also in an adjoining room. This is the 3rd year in a row we have stayed at this hotel in what looks like will be an annual event for us. Rooms are great and the breakfast was good..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank davidski1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniontown
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Historic Summit Inn
Historic Summit Inn
#2 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Fairfield Inn Uniontown? Share your experiences!