Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
$54
$80
Comfort Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$88
$134
$58
$46
Priceline
All reviewsstate collegestony pointhome away from homehouse is beautifulrich historyplace to staycentral pennsylvaniaother guestsrailroadaltoonacomfortprivacypsu
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped at Stony Point for a night's rest on a long drive between Pittsburgh and Lancaster. We didn't expect much from such a small town as Tyrone, but Paul's lovely B&B offered a perfect combination of clean elegance and warm comfort. Everything from the vast selection of shampoos and moisturizers in the bathroom to the home-made chocolate chip cookies waiting in a basket by the window testified to Paul's thoughtfulness and care. Paul himself was kind, personable, and vivacious, and - to top it off - he makes a mean french toast and breakfast quiche. We are actually thinking of excuses to come back to central PA so we can stay at Stony Point again. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The lack of available rooms in State College for the Homecoming Game opened the door to discovering this charming B&B. Complete with a lovely woodsy setting on the hill above Tyrone.. Paul, the Innkeeper immediately up-graded me to a room with a large private bath where charm met convenience. During his generous breakfast I enjoyed chatting with the other guests over several cups of coffee. Returning each evening from Penn State Events always felt like"coming home." I look forward to returning and spending more time in Pa. where my life began.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wound up with an over abundance of guests at my home for a Penn State Football weekend in State College, PA. Some of my overbooked guests wanted me to find them a B & B to stay in rather than a traditional hotel. I was referred to Stony Point from a friend. Needless to say, My friends RAVED about Stony Point. They went on and on about how beautiful and well maintained the home was. The absolutely LOVED the architecture and historic charm. They more than had their needs met. So much that they will probably be staying there for all of their future Penn State weekend visits!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Spent an evening here seeing old friends and meetings new ones! It was a great evening! I love the atmosphere here. I would highly recommend staying here if you are from outta town! The Innkeeper made us feel soo welcome! Looking froward to our next visit!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came home to Tyrone from Los Angeles for the weekend and wanted to try out Stony Point B&B. My partner and I LOVED it. The house is beautiful and loaded with charm. The Innkeeper; Paul, was the best. He had breakfast waiting for us each morning and he made sure we were well taken care of. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple