“Comfy cozy Bed & Breakfast.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I started to think about what I would write, when I decided to see what others have said. When I looked at (dropping off daughter) review. I turned to my husband and said. She wrote every thing I was going to write.

To add to that, the location was perfect for the weekend we choose to stay, Michigan /Penn State Football game.

Easy to find, quite location. Much better than a hotel! Breakfast was great, as was the coffee. Paul is a great host.

Yes we will stay again! thank you Paul.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am the owner and innkeeper at Davies House Inn in Ann Arbor. I look at an inn with a critical eye. Paul's attention to detail sets Stoney Point apart from the others. This stunning historic property sits hight on a hillside, secluded in trees and gardens, impeccably maintained, with spacious rooms and a lovely breakfast. Paul accommodated my husband and I, and my 91 year old Mother-in-law with adjoining rooms, lavishly appointed with luxurious linens and comfortable seating area for us to chat. Although we were in the area for a family reuinion near Altoona, this property will be our choice when attending the Michigan vs Penn State Football Game in State College. Thanks, Paul.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at Stony Point B&B while we were out visiting Penn State's Ag Progress Days. The house was beautiful as was our room. We had a bathroom that was a few steps down the hallway from our room, but that wasn't a problem. The room was spacious, comfy and very clean. The bed was very nice. Breakfast both days was delicious. Paul is a great host, and he treated us as if we were friends rather then just customers. We will definitely be returning when we come back for next year's Ag Progress Days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I spent one night of our honeymoon at the Stony Point B&B. We wished it would have been more than a night! The house is truly spectacular. I was amazed at the beauty and the innkeeper, Paul was the most wonderful host and cook! We will definitely be going back!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are stunning!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had stayed in a couple of B & Bs on a college-visiting tour of Pennsylvania, and I had started to sour on the experience: Odd rooms, weird decor, hacked-together bathrooms, limited TV channels. Give me that bland but predictable hotel/motel experience! So Stony Point was a huge relief. The house is a marvel and impecccably kept. We were in a second-floor suite with two rooms and a bath. Our bedroom was perfect with a comfortable bed and quiet but effectivce air conditioning on a humid day. The reason-to-be for the college visiting was quite happy with his bedroom, in stark contrast to B & Bs of his recent experience. Paul Z, the innkeeper, is gracious and friendly. Breakfast in the roomy dining room was yum. We didn't have much time to explore Tyrone. Historically, an interesting place, but, as far as we could tell, it doesn't have much to offer today for the visitor, unless, perhaps, she is keen on railroad history. Don't expect fine-dining choices for dinner. We ended up at a pizza joint--perfectly fine but just pizza.
If we are ever in the area again, we'll almost certainly go back to Stony Point.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There was a wedding (around 150 people?) at Stony Point right before we arrived. Yet, the house was spotless and the grounds were very neat. From the moment we arrived Paul made us feel welcome. The house is walking distance from downtown, yet you don't really hear traffic noise.

Stony Point is 20 minutes or so from Altoona and State College. If you have business in those areas, skip the stinky over-priced motels and stay at Stony Point B&B. Breakfasts are excellent, too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stony Point is a stunning stone home in a beautiful setting. Paul, the host, is friendly and eager to share historic details about the property and its Pennsylvania Railroad and Masonic connections. The rooms are spacious and immaculate, and the breakfast is delicious. This is a perfect spot in which to relax in north central Pennsylvania with easy access to State College.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!