“The only 5 star accommodations for 100miles A+ we will be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I am not sure I can right a review that truly express how amazing Stony Point is. Paul was amazing from the word go. I contacted the B & B via an inquiry on their website. Paul contacted my by phone within two hours of my submission. Though it was short notice my plans were still not firm and Paul bent over backwards to accommodate us. When we arrived we were meet at the door and shown to our rooms. I had request a single room with a roll-a-way, as we were traveling with our 2 and 4 year old daughters. Paul had set us up on the third floor, so much better then what I had requested. I highly recommend the third floor for anyone traveling with children! It's perfect way to stay at a B & B and still be able to enjoy some adult time. When he asked me if it was ok, I wanted to jump and down and scream yes, yes, but kept my composure. Besides the fact that the house itself is beautiful and has amazing architecture it is also meticulously cared for and immaculate. The third floor had two large bedrooms and a private bath with Jacuzzi tub. Each room had an LCD TV, robe, basket of candy, extensive collection of toiletries, and towels. The bath room also had more towels and toiletries. Also provided for us was a refrigerator stocked with water and sodas, microwave with popcorn, and a Kurig with an assortment of coffees. My husband and I are also paranormal enthusiast and when we asked Paul if he would mind if we had a look around he gave us a full tour and history of the property. As if that was not all ready enough my husband asked if it would be OK if we did some metal detecting on the property. Not only did he give us the green light but he encouraged us, so if you stay at the B & B just ask and he can show you our finds. In the morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. As I sat in the kitchen drinking my coffee I chatted with Paul while he was making maple nut monkey bread, strawberry pancakes, sausage, and bacon. The only bad part of our stay was leaving! The one night was not long enough! I am sure we will be back, maybe at Christmas just to see what the place looks like! Oh and one last comment my two year old got a hold of the guest book and well, let's just say she made her mark over, and over, and over again! I was absolutely mortified, though Paul took it all in stride and said "kids will be kids"! I would recommend this property for families, couples, girls weekends, family reunions, or weddings.

Room Tip: The third floor!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The "Stony Point Star" shines brightly in this beautifully restored historic home. The inn keeper (Paul) could make sleeping in a tent seem like dream accommodations, but he is graced to have the most beautiful, and historic Bed and Breakfast I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The home is impeccable, the grounds amazing, and Paul’s hospitality is something out of a romance novel. My family owns a “vacation home” less than 20 minutes away, and we are planning to stay here next time, rather than there. The Stony Point provides five (5) star accommodations, tucked out of view from the mainstream. Mountain bikes are available (at the Inn) and being directly between Spruce Creek and Fisherman’s Paradise you have two world class fly fishing streams within 20 minutes. For those interested in the railroad – The Tyrone Railroad museum is five minutes away, and the famous horseshoe curve (in Altoona) is about a 20 minute drive. The evening we stayed, we found ourselves sitting around the breakfast bar enjoying the company of other guests while speaking of the history of the home and town. This place is great – we will be staying there again

Room Tip: They are all equally awesome
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I live in the Philadelphia area, and I found out just today (September 2) that we need to accommodations at State College for contract work next weekend, which, unfortunately, is the weekend of the big Penn State-Alabama game. Everything in a hundred mile radius was all booked up or priced at special event rates.

Calling around to various bed and breakfasts in the area, we stumbled upon Stony Point B&B and the extraordinarily accommodating inn-keep, Paul. This guy is so confident of what he has to offer that he actually told us to contact five other places before calling him back. I always thought the first rule in sales is to never let the customer go check out the competition, so this was quite impressive. After inevitably getting back to him, Paul arranged a room for us at his Clay Avenue house at a very reasonable rate. The pictures he's sent of the house look wonderful. As a bonus, he says that the Clay Avenue place has spanking new beds and linens. I only wish that I was going to be staying there for leisure and not for work. I will be writing again after next weekend to report on what I expect to be an excellent stay.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rroser
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Beautiful, traditional house in a beautiful setting with a history that is very interesting. Impeccable cleanliness! Comfortable bed, spacious rooms. The innkeeper is very interested in making sure you are comfortable and have what you need. Breakfasts were out of this world.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My mom and I stayed here just for one night for my move-in day which was the next day here at Lion's Crossing. This was my first time at a Bed & Breakfast so I really didn't know what to expect. Plus, I'm a foreighner so these things are not common for me. I was used to hotels, which Paul, the innkeeper described them really well. He said they where boring, in the way you always know what to expect (which is true). The thing is I had no expectations at all, but even if had any it would've exceed all of them, by far.
First, the house was very neat. It is almost impossible to believe how clean things where and the only responsible for that was Paul.
As for the innkeeper, Paul, I found him a very inspirational person with lots of motivation and he's willing to succeed whatever happens. He wanted us to try his "new thing" which was cheese and wine. The cheese was delicious, I can't say the same thing as for the wine due to I'm not 21 yet ;)
In conclusion, it is a very nice place to stay, very cosy, excellent attention.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Our stay at Stony Point B&B was awesome! We had a family reunion to attend at the end of July, and since we live 3 1/2 hours away I was looking for a B&B that my son and I would be able to stay the night at.
After making the reservations over the phone, Paul, the innkeeper, and I must have chatted on the phone for at least 20 minutes. He was very pleasant and very easy to talk to.
When we arrived at Stony Point, Paul was there to greet us and he was just as pleasant in person as he was on the phone. We were running late getting to the family reunion, so Paul told us to go and that he would take care of our bags for us. He was extremely helpful.
The rooms were impeccable! They were clean, cozy, and the bed in my room was very, comfortable. This place would be great for a nice, romantic weekend.

I thought we'd have to check out by 10 AM like other places, but Paul told us there was no hurry. He makes a great breakfast, and he even caters to folks with food allergies and intolerances. He made Belgian waffles for breakfast, but since I can't have wheat he made scramble eggs and bacon for me-- the eggs were just as I like them-- moist and light--- not dry and overdone.

While my son was watching the game on T.V, I had a chance to chat with Paul. After talking with him for nearly an hour, I was convinced that my choosing to stay at Stony Point was not by chance... but was divine intervention. I believe God's hand played a part in it and I am very thankful for that.
Paul is a very kind, intelligent man. He goes out of his way to make sure everyone's stay at the B&B is above average. He truly cares about the folks who stay here, and as I said to Paul during our converstaion, I believe being the innkeeper at Stony Point is his gift from God.

I have never written a review before-- I am writing this one hoping that others will get the chance to stay at Stony Point and have the same wonderful experience that I and my son had. I am planning to visit again, and again, and again..... who knows... this may become a yearly tradition....

Maryann L.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay, along with our grandchildren in the Altoona area. When I called Paul about a room he suggested the third floor and said it is perfect for families. Upon our arrival we were instantly charmed by old stone house. As Paul showed us to our rooms I could see my granddaughters eyes brighten with excitement. The third floor has one average size bedroom and one very large bedroom. Both rooms were very clean and decorated nicely. The bathroom was large and boast a deep Jacuzzi tub. Our favorite part of the rooms was the windows and dormers. The half-curved windows with small glass gave a very warm feeling. The entire house it very well kept and a true treasure to the area. Paul also makes a very good breakfast and is a joyful host. We are already thinking about another trip to the Altoona area and when we do we will be sure to stay at Stony Point.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Comfort Suites Altoona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
#2 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!