“Better than ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tyrone
Stony Point Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Tyrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Having stayed at Stony Point on two previous occasions in the past several years, my family and I were well aware of the charm and peaceful setting of this bed & breakfast nestled in the town of our annual family reunion. This hidden gem is convenient to town, to our family, to the park and major roads, yet secluded and quiet in all its natural beauty from the flowing fountain in the garden, to the chiminea on the back patio, to the deer on the hillside as we look out our bedroom windows in the early dawn. If you have visited before in prior years, I highly recommend you do so again. Even if you enjoyed the previous owner or innkeeper and are reluctant to this change, you will not be disappointed. The new innkeeper, Paul, not only made us feel very welcome and comfortable, but his enthusiasm and passion for customer service come through in all that he says and does. The photos you see on the website are real – the crystal reflections as the light shines from the chandelier in the great dining room – rainbow prisms on the walls and across the ceiling making the room come alive as never before. Its beauty surrounded us as we dined on our plentiful breakfasts carefully prepared by Paul. His creativity in the kitchen and presentation of a large variety of treats, from the tasty Monkeybread, to pancakes laced with fresh fruit, to dill-seasoned potatoes, delightful sautéed fresh summer vegetables, and numerous other accompaniments were appreciated by all. After starting each day with a delicious breakfast, we visited with family, but also felt like we were coming home again when we returned each day to the warmth and comfort of the inn. The little touches such as having soft music playing in the library should we wish to enjoy a cocktail at the bar, the specialty chocolates placed carefully on our pillows upon our arrival and in candy dishes in our room, the soft, fresh, fragrant towels and sheets, the toiletries generously filling the bathroom cabinet should we need them – were all noticed and appreciated. Paul’s obvious pride in the inn is also reflected just by looking around at how impeccable the place is – while warm and inviting, everything is also extremely clean –the kitchen, its counter tops, floors, door trims, even the basement. Stony Point has been a great place to stay and Tyrone should be proud – and it just keeps getting better. Thanks Paul for making our stay enjoyable in every way – we’ll be back again – same time each year.
The Chamberlains from Massachusetts

There are newer reviews for Stony Point Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had the pleasure of attending my nieces bridal shower this past weekend. Stony Point Bed & Breakfast is very unique and memorable. The innkeeper was so enthusiastic and full of historical information. He was such a joy to visit. The facility was beautiful and well-equiped to host a wonderful shower. Thank you Stony Point for a beautiful visit!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I held a baby shower for my daughter at Stony Point B&B in Tyrone, PA, on August 6th with a guest list of approx. 30 people. As a small girl, my daughter referred to this house as a magical house because of it's beauty and charm, thinking maybe a Princess lived there. We would see the house as we were taking evening walks. Living in the area all my life, I never even realized such a beautiful place existed. The cleanliness, spacious rooms, beautiful decor(which was not overdone) and relaxing atmosphere is unbelievable. I know when I have guests Stony Point is my choice for their accomadations. Paul the Innkeeper was fabulous to work with as well. He kept me informed of his schedule with overnight guests, and made sure that I could come to prepare for the shower without rush. He helped me make a very memorable day for my daughter which I appreciated very much. I highly recommend Stony Point to anyone wishing to stay in this area. This beautiful B&B is located centrally between Altoona, State College.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I recently had my baby shower at this location. It was beautiful, and my guests and myself loved it! The rooms are spacious, cozy and clean. The setting is amazing, with plently of seating, and very nice outside areas off of the house. The proprietor is wonderful as well. He is very accommodating, and puts a lot of pride into this establishment which shows. I would definately recommend giving this location a try, I'm sure any guest would be pleased with their stay!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have stayed at Stony Point twice, and I look forward to my return. It's the perfect place to stay in Tyrone. We love the charm, with the modern amenities. Very comfortable rooms, kind staff, and a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

When I, along with my children and grandchildren, attended a family reunion in Tyrone, the 8 of us chose to stay at Stony Point Bed and Breakfast. That turned out to be an excellent decision. The location is lovely and the rooms are very attractive. We were greeted by the innkeeper, Paul, who made us feel very welcome. He showed us the rooms and was ready to answer any questions that we might have. The rooms where we stayed were all clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious and everyone enjoyed them. I would be glad to stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable and delightful place to stay.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank echildmus
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I came to Stony Point to stay overnight for a job interview. The Inn manager was very accommodating and gave me the family feeling that I needed to boost my confidence for my interview. In the morning there was a wonderful breakfast ready for me and I met a family staying there as well. Everyone wished me luck before I went. The Inn manager also suggested that I should come back before going to the airport that afternoon. That was a great idea and suggestion. My stay there was amazing and I highly recommend it .

David

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
HopkinsD, Guest Relations Manager at Stony Point Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

on the morning of the interview Dave was the first guest downstairs for breakfast. He hung out in the kitchen with me as I prepared breakfast. As the family of five also staying filed into the dining room I announced "everyone this is Dave he here for a job interview at a local private school, lets give him a hard time NOW so he does not screw up at the interview" Everyone laughed, Dave turned beet red. Over the next hour and a half its was pure magic as the scene unfolded.....Dave relaxed everyone wished him good luck....then he left....later he came back to shower and change.....we spoke in the hallway........he had been offered the job! It was like helping a little brother or a younger me......He left shortly after we spoke..............later that night i told the family that Dave got the job.....It was a great night at Stony Point.............

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrone
Comfort Suites Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Stony Point Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!